Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
100 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
Great for the longer days out in the mountains.
So tough, you’ll pass it on to your kids.
Their great fit means exceptional comfort and performance.
Over thousands of kilometres and every terrain possible, the Mammut Trovat GTX boots have performed.
- Despite having a rugged look, the Mammut Trovat Advanced High GTX delivers a soft feel and comfort. These are granted by the mix of technologies that deal with cushioning, support and security.
- The Trovat Advanced High GTX has nubuck and Nappa leather which work together to provide a durable yet supple upper. The Gore-Tex laminate takes care of the breathability and waterproofing while the FeetMap and elastic tongue render comfort. A 3-zone lacing system creates differential tensions.
- The brand-owned features—Rolling Concept, Motion Control and PU wedge—make every stride comfortable and less tiring. The Memo Foam pads the ankle, instep and shin area.
- Providing underfoot security and stability is the Vibram MT-Traction II sole. Its lug pattern deliver a grippy ride on various types of terrain.
A footgear that runs fairly true to size, the Trovat Advanced High GTX is a day hiking boot catered to men and women. It comes in standard width and sizes. Mammut designed it with a 3-zone lacing system that enables users to customize the fit according to their needs. It permits individual tension on three separate parts: the instep, heel pull and cuff area.
The Mammut Trovat Advanced High GTX has a flex index of A8, meaning the outsole has a rigid structure that grants secure footing and active damping. The brand then equipped this high-cut day hiking boot with a Vibram MT-Traction II sole. It has thick and widely-spaced lugs which bite into various ground surfaces. Its self-cleaning tread pattern creates a channel to drive water out, preventing slips and falls. Its rockered sole promotes a natural rolling behavior which enhances walking comfort. TPU elements are also integrated for stability.
Mammut incorporated their Rolling Concept in this boot. This technology creates damping in areas that promote the natural rolling of the foot. As the user walks, the flexible ribs support the lateral side of the rearfoot to the medial side of the forefoot. It prevents fatigue while promoting a steady and secure gait. It is also crampon ready.
Additionally, a PU wedge insole renders support. Its damping properties enable it to reduce the force of vibration from impacts.
Another brand-patented technology equipped inside the boot is the Motion Control. It gives internal reinforcement through the heel cap and is designed to prevent the foot from twisting. It has high lateral support, but it does not limit the flexibility of the foot.
Mammut’s Memo Foam feature provides padding in the ankle, shin and instep. This foam cushioning is supple which returns to its original form even after being subjected to intensive loads.
The upper of the Mammut Trovat Advanced High GTX is crafted with a combination of nubuck and Nappa leather. The former has a velvety look and is resistant to most forms of wear. The latter, on the other hand, is used on the collar of the boots. It is a soft and pliable material which gives immediate comfort, eliminating a period of breaking in.
Offering waterproof protection and breathability is the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort lining. Its composition prevents water from seeping into the boots while allowing perspiration to escape. It also works in warm and cold conditions with its moderate insulation.
The Trovat Advanced High GTX has an elastic Gore-Tex tongue construction to prevent the formation of creases everytime the user tightens the laces. It also makes putting on and taking off the boots more comfortable. A knob is also placed on the tongue to hold the laces in place.
The lining and padding of this boot follow the FeetMap system. It locates areas of the foot that are prone to sweating, feeling cold and pressure. With this feature, materials required to address cushioning, insulation and cooling are placed at the right spots.
A rubber heel and toe cap add more protection to the user. They are placed to reinforce the areas prone to bumping and tearing.
- The Mammut Trovat Advanced High GTX is a B1 rated boot compatible with C1 or strap-on crampons. They have a fairly rigid sole that is suitable for use in moderate snow conditions.