|Update:||Brooks Dyad 10|
|Weight:||Men: 12.6oz | Women: 10.5oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 30mm | Women: 30mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 20mm | Women: 20mm|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Men: Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Women: Normal, Wide, X-Wide|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 7 expert reviews
It works exceptionally well for someone with a wider foot or a flatter arch.
It has a wide base of support for outward stability and a cushioned mid-sole that accommodates both runners and walkers alike.
It is soft and well cushioned, with a flat footbed that easily accommodates custom orthotics.
All of their cushioning and support may add a little to the weight of the shoe, but any serious runner will agree that it is a worthy trade.
A deep fit and stiff rocker sole make this shoe a great choice to use with orthotics.
It's quite a good shoe for people who have a flat foot and get irritation from a shoe that has support. It's quite a good shoe for people who have reasonably wide feet. It's a good shoe for someone who is new to running.
- The Dyad 8 from Brooks is a daily neutral running shoe like the Brooks Launch 6 that has been optimized for runners who have flat arches. It features technologies that support the entire underfoot, even the mid-foot section. Its upper is breathable and supportive; it’s mid-sole is reliable and robust; and its outsole is protective and responsive. It’s an all-around shoe that delivers high quality service.
- The upper unit makes use of materials that are breathable and comfortable. The fabrics are soft and non-irritating. They’re even capable of managing moisture, so the foot remains dry and free from wetness.
- The cushioning system of the Brooks Dyad 8 has a mechanic that allows the platform to conform itself to the shape of the runner’s underfoot. It makes the mid-sole more responsive and adaptive to the needs of the wearer. Mid-sole flexibility is also enhanced by flex grooves.
- At the bottom of the mid-foot area lies a stability system, which carries the arch to assume a neutral and stable stance. It’s particularly helpful for those flat-footed runners who are at risk of discomfort or injury because of their imbalanced foot shape/positioning.
- The heel area of the outsole has a durable material that protects the sole unit from impact and abrasion. The forefoot section has a more responsive material, which is capable of giving additional cushioning to the runner during toe-off.
The Brooks Dyad 8 has a standard running shoe length. It follows the regular measurements to which runners are most accustomed. It is available in medium, wide and extra wide widths, which means that runners of all foot-types can choose this shoe and wear it without worrying about feeling too tight.
The heel section of this running shoe uses the HPR Plus, an abrasion-resistant rubber that’s reliable when it comes to protecting the sole unit from wear and tearing. It even withstands impact from heel striking.
The forefoot area benefits from Blown Rubber. It offers additional cushioning, as well as flexibility. It’s not a stiff material, so the sole unit can maintain its pliable nature and let the foot move naturally through the gait cycle.
The Dual Stability Arch Pod at the bottom of the mid-foot stabilizes the arch. It keeps the arch raised to make the stance neutral. It’s an efficient way to prevent injuries because of an uneven foot shape.
The Cush Pod Configuration focuses on high levels of cushioning and flexibility. It’s an outsole/mid-sole design that encourages a smoother and more effective transition from the heel to the forefoot area.
Like the shoe's latest model, the Dyad 10, it uses the BioMoGo DNA for its midsole. It is a fusion of two mid-sole technologies that give a responsive ride. This unit adapts to the cushioning needs of the runner by shaping itself to the actual curvature of the runner’s foot. It makes the platform more attuned to the comfort and preference of the wearer.
Omega Flex Grooves allow the mid-sole to follow the natural movements of the foot. Though the Brooks Dyad 8 has a thick mid-sole, it doesn’t limit the flexibility of the foot.
The Element Mesh is the main upper fabric of the Brooks Dyad 8. It’s a breathable material that encourages air to enter the shoe to keep the foot cool and dry. It is also capable of managing moisture, so the material stays clean and dry.
Synthetic Overlays are placed in the upper to secure the foot and keep it in place. They’re not stitched onto the upper, so the foot remains flexible and free from irritation.
Underneath the main upper mesh lies the Element Lining. This soft inner sleeve allows the runner to wear the shoe without socks. It also has a moisture-wicking nature, thus making it a solid inner sleeve that’s comfortable.
The Ultimate Sock Liner adds a layer of cushioning above the mid-sole. It has a non-absorbing nature, making the platform dry and slip-free.