Good to know
- The Boreal Joker Plus, the three-strapped sibling of the Joker, is designed with all-day comfort in mind. In it, the foot is promised ample sensitivity, thanks to the shoe’s slip-lasted construction.
- The randing across its lower perimeter is part of the IRS (Integrated Rand System). It has a kind of construction that makes the upper sturdier and the sole extra resilient.
- Boreal designers made some tweaks to this climbing shoe. Its notable updates will be discussed in the points that follow.
- Fit management system. The revamped Joker Plus now comes with three adjustable straps, adding one more to the previous model’s two. These straps come in opposite directions to give owners an even more secure fit.
- Heel Fit System. Boreal engineers updated this technology to grant the wearer a comfier in-shoe feel minus the bulk. It works in conjunction with the Cushioned Heel System (a padded component placed within the heel cavity of the shoe’s newly developed outsole) in making the Joker Plus an even more comfortable gear.
- Outsole technology. The refreshed Joker Plus comes with the Zenith Pro outsole. This sticky layer replaces the FS-Quattro outsole of its former self.
Downturn. This Boreal offering is a neutral rock climbing shoe. Its front end is practically flat. Kicks of this type are meant for climbs involving multiple pitches.
Applications. The Joker Plus is built specifically for trad climbing. It has the necessary features and components to help users complete projects on vertical faces. It is an indoor-slash-outdoor rock shoe designed primarily for entry-level climbers.
Boreal’s Joker Plus is an asymmetric, low-top shoe for male and female climbing enthusiasts. The men’s version has a slimmer-fitting heel zone, while the women’s variant provides a kind of fit that favors senders with low-volume feet. Its mostly leather upper might stretch with time. Lockdown security is achievable by means of the shoe’s updated Velcro closure.
Midsole. This high-quality rock shoe is equipped with a heavy-duty midsole unit for support. The brand advertises it as a non-deforming component.
Outsole. The Joker Plus provides ample surface traction with its Zenith outsole. It promises high skid resistance on edges. Its thickness can be anywhere between 4 mm and 4.5 mm.
The Boreal Joker Plus encloses the foot in its partly microfiber, partly split leather upper. It comes with a breathable 3D-printed liner. Both its forefoot and heel are wrapped with a rubber rand which prevents cuts and scrapes while giving wearers multi-directional grip. To make slipping in and out of the shoe more convenient, Boreal shoemakers gave it a pair of pull tabs.
Its closure system comes with a total of three straps. They are all built with Velcro pads, making them quite adjustable.