$100 $72 (save 28%)
$130 $120 (save 8%)
$115 $68 (save 41%)
Gone are the days when wearing pink basketball shoes is considered a girl thing. As a matter of fact, pink Nike basketball shoes, along with several pink sportswear items, have been increasing in number in recent years. The color pink, in general, has transitioned from representing delicateness and feminism to becoming a universal color of love for self and for others.
Brief History of Pink Basketball Shoes
A women’s college basketball coach from North Carolina State University named Kay Yow had been battling with cancer for over two decades. When she died in January 2009, some sportswear and shoe manufacturing companies, US-based Nike included, paid tribute to her immense contribution to basketball by creating pink basketball shoes and apparel. Part of the proceeds of these products goes to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund, a charitable organization that helps fight breast cancer by supporting research projects and other related programs. Below are some of the notable pink Nike basketball shoes.
Notable Pink Nike Basketball Shoes
Nike has released a variety of colorways for their basketball shoes and one of them is pink. Here are some of the well-known pink Nike basketball shoes available in the market.
- Nike Lebron Soldier 9 “Think Pink”. This pink Nike basketball shoe was launched in 2015. The ninth Nike Soldier for LeBron features a one-piece textile upper with an innovative strap system for excellent lockdown. Other features of this basketball shoe include Flywire cables and a Zoom Air cushioning system. The hexagonal pattern on the outsole
- Nike Kyrie 2. A pink and black Nike basketball shoe comes in the form of the Nike Kyrie 2. It is dressed in a durable yet supportive mesh upper called the Hyperfuse. This signature basketball shoe was designed by Leo Chang for the player who is fast on the court. Inspired by motorcycle tires, the rounded forefoot of the outsole enables multi-direction movements. Utilizing the Nike Zoom Air Unit in the heel, it offers quicker acceleration and responsive cushioning. The finely tuned rounded pattern on the outsole allows the player to quickly change directions and get into lower angles. The mid-top silhouette of the second Nike shoe for Kyrie Irving offers a straighter ankle alignment and precise banking.
- Nike LeBron Soldier 10 “Think Pink”. The Nike LeBron Soldier 10 will make heads turn with its unique design as well as its vivid pink, black, and metallic silver upper. It is another one of the Nike LeBron pink basketball shoes that support to the Kay Yow campaign. It features three large velcro straps that offer full lockdown and ankle support with fewer distractions. The heel and forefoot of this basketball shoe are fitted with the Nike Zoom Air Units, which provide split-second responsiveness and cushion hard landings.
- Nike Durant KD9 “Aunt Pearl”. This pink and black Nike basketball shoe pays homage to the fight against breast cancer. Kevin Durant’s Aunt Pearl succumbed to complication from cancer in 2000. He teamed up with Nike to create special colorway to support the Kay Yow cancer fund. It comes in a black upper with Kay Yow’s Hot Punch pink accents. A special embroidery on the Swoosh logo and the heel commemorate the release of this cancer awareness release of Kevin Durant’s ninth signature basketball shoes.
- Nike Zoom Hypershift “Think Pink”. This stunning pink Nike basketball shoe is fitted in a full mesh upper that is both lightweight and breathable. Its low-top construction is made seamless by the Hyperfuse overlay. The Nike Zoom Hypershift also features Flywire cables that offer a secure fit. It also has the Zoom cushioning system on top of a white rubber outsole.
- Nike LeBron Low 14 Low “Pastel Pink”. The Nike Lebron Low 14 comes in many different colorways, including a pink one. Its beautifully woven upper is an interesting feature that makes the basketball shoe great for casual wear as well. The heel is dressed in a mesh wrapping with a prominent Nike Swoosh logo and a Zoom callout. A translucent pink outsole caps off the look of the shoe.
- Nike HyperRev 2015 “Think Pink”. These 2015 Nike basketball shoes flaunt eye-catching pink uppers as a nod to the company’s initiative for Breast Cancer awareness through the Kay Yow campaign. It has the official ribbon logo on the neoprene tongue. This pink and black Nike basketball shoe features three layers of Hyperfuse on the upper for lightweight support as well as Fuse overlays on high-pressure areas for durability. Zoom Air units in the midsole of the HyperRev 2015 from the Swoosh act as the shoe’s cushioning system.
- Nike Zoom Rev 2017. A pink and white colorway is featured in the 2017 version of the Nike Zoom Rev basketball shoe series. It has a soft textile mesh upper with fuse overlays in high-wear areas. As for cushioning, this pink Nike basketball shoe uses Phylon and Nike Zoom Air.
7 best pink Nike basketball shoes
- Nike KD 4
- Nike KD 6
- Nike Air Flightposite
- Nike LeBron Soldier 9
- Nike Mamba Rage
- Nike LeBron XII Low
- Nike Kobe 9 Elite Low
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...