As the leader in producing basketball shoes, Nike manufactures plenty of colorways for each shoe model. Black Nike basketball shoes are reportedly sought after by most male wearers, especially the triple black ones. In RunRepeat, the best basketball shoes are ranked according to user preference. There are rankings for each gender, brand, cut, lockdown, signature, color, weight, core score, and number of reviews.
Notable Black Nike Basketball Shoes
- Nike Air Max Audacity 2016. In 2015, the first Air Max Audacity for Anthony Davis was released. Because of its success, a second model was made and famously worn by Ben Simmons. The traction pattern of these black Nike basketball shoes is inspired by the one seen on its predecessor. It features a full-length herringbone with geometrical details in various orientations. For responsiveness, the Nike Air Max Audacity 2016 has a 180-degree Air Max unit embedded in the heel of its Phylon midsole. The uppers of these Nike black and white basketball shoes are made of breathable mesh with fuse overlays on high-wear areas. Inside the shoe is a neoprene backing for a comfortable fit.
- Nike LeBron 15. Who would want to miss the fifteenth release in LeBron James much celebrated signature line? These black and gold Nike basketball shoes are the apple of The King’s eye. They carry the first ever Battleknit upper that is reportedly durable and flexible at the same time. This phenomenal shoe model boasts a hybrid of the Zoom and Max Air technologies for supreme comfort and responsiveness. The outsole is made of either gum, solid, or translucent rubber. The outsole comes with a triangular and spiked pattern that provides maximum control to any surface, be it clean or dusty.
- Nike Air Force 180. A Swoosh classic, these remastered and high-profile black Nike basketball shoes feature visible Air cushioning at the heel. They come with lace-up systems and midfoot straps for an ultimate lockdown. The tongue, the ankle collar, and the inner walls of the Nike Air Force 180 are well-padded for a cozy fit and support. The rubber outsole has a herringbone pattern with thick grooves. The setup delivers support and stability to a wide range of movements. The upper is made of synthetic leather with molded rubber overlays. In early 2018, the Air Force 180 is released as sleek Nike black and white basketball shoes. They come with speckled soles, and the buyers are digging their streamlined silhouettes.
- Nike Kyrie 4. The most famous in Kyrie Irving’s signature series, these orange and black Nike basketball shoes have a mid-top silhouette and a unique teeth-like design on the sides. It was once compared to the signature shoes of Charles Barkley. Designer Benjamin Nethongkome says that the teeth design is inspired by the architectural aesthetic of the roof of the Sydney Opera House. The cushioning setup of the Nike Kyrie 4 is commended by many. It is made of lightweight Cushlon with an embedded Zoom Air unit at the heel. According to Nethongkome, it is created to make the shoe faster and more responsive. The solid rubber outsole features a multidirectional herringbone pattern. At the middle of the pattern is a cutting edge longitudinal flex groove. Just like the standard torsional plate in the midfoot, this flex groove delivers stability. These men’s black Nike basketball shoes come in a combination of engineered mesh upper and leather. To keep the foot bound to the shoe, there are Flywire cables in the midfoot.
- Nike Hyperdunk 2014. The Hyperdunk series started way back 2008 with Kobe Bryant and other Olympic Athletes endorsing the first model. When the Nike Hyperdunk 2014 was introduced to the market, Paul George was the lead endorser. Designed by Eric Avar, Leo Chang, and Peter Fogg, these black and red Nike basketball shoes are considered the best in the line. The shoes carry a forefoot and heel Lunarlon cushioning in its Phylon midsole. The Hyperdunk 2014 boasts a durable solid rubber outsole with a herringbone traction pattern. Hyperfuse and Flywire strengthen the uppers of these Nike black basketball shoes. The overall upper setup is durable and breathable.
- Nike LeBron Soldier 9. The Soldier 9 is one of the best black and red Nike basketball shoes in LeBron James’s second signature line. Apart from the standard lacing system, it comes with midfoot and ankle straps. The upper is made of breathable mesh with fuse overlays. This setup delivers ventilation and durability to the shoe. For comfort, the Phylon midsole has forefoot and heel Zoom units embedded in it. This cushioning setup delivers outstanding responsiveness and energy return. The decoupled rubber outsoles of these Nike black and white basketball shoes have hexagonal pods for court grip and control.
- Nike Air Max CB34. An oldie but a goodie, these Nike black and white basketball shoes are nicknamed “Godzilla” for a reason. The Air Max CB34 was first released in 1995 with Charles Barkley fighting a gigantic lizard in the commercial. A huge athlete like Barkley needs superb lockdown to stabilize their multidirectional footwork. Hence, the traditional lacing system and midfoot strap. Heavy players need adequate impact protection and the full-length Air Max unit delivers that. The durable all-leather upper of the Nike Air Max CB34 can exceptionally cater to the hyperactivity of players like Barkley.
- Nike Air Precision II. Among the famous budget models, these Nike black basketball shoes come with an encapsulated Air unit embedded in a Phylon midsole. For torsional rigidity, these highly reliable mid-top basketball shoes have an internal midfoot shank. A herringbone traction pattern graces the solid rubber outsole. The Air Precision II features the Dynamic Fit webbing system for foot containment. The combination of mesh and foam delivers a comfortable, flexible, and breathable fit. The shoe model is released in a number of basic colorways, even appearing on shelves as black and gold Nike basketball shoes.
- Nike LeBron Soldier 12. Just like the LeBron Soldier 9, the Soldier 12 is also an amazing black Nike basketball shoe. Instead of the traditional lacing system, the signature model has two criss-crossing Velcro straps for lockdown. The upper is made of durable and flexible circular-knit textile. To achieve a glove-like fit, the shoe comes with a neoprene sockliner. As for the outsole, it comes with a multidirectional traction pattern that provide stability and support for a wide range of movements. A slightly-curved Phylon midsole carries forefoot and heel Zoom units. This cushioning setup absorbs impact and delivers energy return.
- Nike KD 6.Kevin Durantis now in his 11th signature shoe, not including his budget model series. However, in spite of the new releases, sneaker fanatics and reviewers still look back to the KD 6. These black and red Nike basketball shoes are made of a thin two-layer synthetic material. The Flywire technology is integrated in the midfoot for lockdown and support. The Phylon midsoles have forefoot Zoom and heel Max Air units embedded in them. The rubber outsole has a one-of-a-kind star pattern that gives wearers high levels of floor control for multidirectional movement.
Black basketball shoes through their color stand for power, influence, sophistication, and elegance. Black comes in many meanings, both positive and negative. When it comes to dressing up, black Nike basketball shoes are versatile and can easily pair with any outfit. They never go out of style and always have a revered space in the fashion world.
15 best black Nike basketball shoes
- Nike Air Max Infuriate 2 Mid
- Nike KD Trey 5 VI
- Nike Kobe AD 2018
- Nike Kyrie 4
- Nike Kobe AD Mid
- Nike Kyrie Flytrap
- Nike Kyrie Low
- Nike LeBron Witness 3
- Nike Kyrie 5
- Nike PG 2.5
- Nike Air Versitile II
- Nike LeBron Soldier 12
- Nike Air Force Max CB
- Nike Mamba Rage
- Nike Hyperdunk X
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...