Who should buy Berghaus Fellmaster GTX
The Berghaus Fellmaster GTX is a value for money option for users who prioritize leather hiking footwear. Highly recommended for:
- Wearers planning to go on day hikes
- Adventurers who require protection from a high-cut boot
- Buyers who expect wet elements on their hikes
The brand-owned outsole has multi-directional, aggressive lugs which grip on different trail conditions. The widely-spaced treads prevent water and debris from getting caught under the boots, thus preventing slips.
The front extends upward to form a bumper that protects the user’s toes.
Berghaus Fellmaster GTX's midsole that's designed to last
The high-density molded midsole is in charge of underfoot cushioning. This foam is known for its longevity and durability. A torsional shank is added into the boot to stabilize and support the wearer’s foot without compromising flexibility.
The Fellmaster GTX from Berghaus has a 2.2 - 2.4 mm Pittard oiled nubuck leather for an upper. It went through a tanning process that permanently keeps the fibers safe. As a result, water uptake and the chances of getting damage from sweat are reduced. The breathability of the leather is retained as the procedure does not obstruct its natural framework. Pittard’s process also makes the upper soft and easy to maintain.
The high collar and the tongue of the Fellmaster GTX are padded with memory foam. It gives the shoe a cushiony feel even when users have to tighten the laces. The boot also has a sturdy heel and toe box which adds protection against odds and sods. The men’s version has a toe cap. On the other hand, the women’s version only relies on the toe bumper of the outsole for forefoot protection.
Water protection from the Berghaus Fellmaster GTX
The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort lines this waterproof hiking boot. It’s a membrane that balances breathability and water protection. It is also moderately insulated. With this feature, the foot is kept dry under moderate to cold conditions. It lets moisture inside the boot escape while preventing water from seeping in.
Additional information about the Berghaus Fellmaster GTX
- In caring for Berghaus leather boots, here are a few things to remember.
- Prepare the boots for cleaning by removing the insole and laces. Give it a good shake to draw out debris which can damage the waterproof lining. Under lukewarm running water, use a soft bristled brush to remove stubborn dirt.
- After cleaning the boots, it is imperative to impregnate the leather with a conditioning cream while it is still damp. Doing so prevents water absorption and promotes longevity of the leather. Apply cream with a soft cloth paying attention to the seams and eyelets.
- Drying the boot under extreme temperatures (i.e., direct sunlight, car blowers) can cause early degradation of its leather upper and other components. Let it air dry and if necessary, stuff it with newspapers to facilitate drying. Store the pair in a dry, well-ventilated area once thoroughly dried.
- The Berghaus Fellmaster GTX is a walking boot recommended by The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- This boot received the Trail Magazine Approved label in 2015.