Thanks for your interest in becoming an expert with the World’s largest running shoe website. Your reviews will be read by thousands of runners.
Besides helping fellow runners and being recognized among millions of runners, you will be compensated depending on how popular your reviews are. As you can see from the review examples listed on this page (scroll down), the right side of your review will have a price comparison of the shoe that you review. When runners click to see a deal, you’re earning points that will give you free running shoes.
What to expect?
- Respected and top performing experts who do 1000+ word reviews with images and video can expect that each review equals one pair of free running shoes per year. Doing 20 reviews can give as much as 20 pairs of free running shoes.
- A mediocre expert doing an in-depth text review with a few images can expect to do 5 reviews a year to get a free pair of shoes. Doing 20 reviews gives 4 pairs of free running shoes, approximately.
- Popular experts will occasionally receive additional free running shoes to review.
- For every 1,000 unique people that click the price comparison on one of your reviews, you receive a free pair of running shoes.
- An expert can get a maximum of one free pair of shoes for each review.
- An expert may request an update on his/her performance on a monthly basis (later in 2017 we will have a statistics page that will allow you to see your stats in real time).
How to write a good review
Here are a few guidelines that might be helpful to you.
- Write at least 400 words.
- The title
- Write a compelling headline for your review.
- Examples: “My thoughts on [shoe name]”, “Review of [shoe name] after my first 100 miles” or “Why I believe [shoe name] is the best”
- Use many short sections.
- Use a fair amount headlines.
- Use short and simple sentences.
- Be yourself.
- Write in a natural language.
- Photos makes a review compelling. The more the better.
- Use your own photos.
- It’s a good idea to spread your photos throughout your review,
- It’s recommended to have at least one image after your first paragraph to catch attention.
- If you dare, make a youtube video and add a link to it. A video can be a 1 minute presentation of your thoughts, or it could be a longer in-depth review.
- Add an overall score from 1-100 that summarize your opinion.
- Get more views
- The more reviews you’ve written, the more exposure your reviews will get around RunRepeat.
- You may share your review with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms that you might use.
- You may do multiple reviews of the same shoe. For instance, you may want to do a “first look” / “initial thoughts” preview followed up by a thorough review after your first runs or when the shoe is about to retire.
Examples of expert reviews
Here are three examples of expert reviews. Note that these reviews are not perfect – they’re only examples to inspire. You do not need to be technical in your reviews as some of these examples are. What you’re writing is up to you – do it your way.:
- You may write reviews of any running shoe.
- There is no guarantee for your first review to be approved. Follow the guidelines, and you will have a good chance to be approved. We are happy to help with revisions if needed.
- Your review including media must be original, and you may not publish your review elsewhere than at RunRepeat.com before or after it is approved (unless we’ve agreed otherwise)
- If you include useful text snippets from other sources, remember to link to the original source. It is only allowed to use images from other websites if you have a written permission to do so.
- RunRepeat.com may change terms at any time (we do not plan to :-))
- RunRepeat.com may terminate partnerships at any time.
How to apply
Send an email to Shiela (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your full name.
- A short motivation on why you believe you’ll be a good expert.
- 30-60 words describing why you’re an expert. This text will be displayed on all of your reviews.
- A picture of yourself.
- Your first review.
A great thank you for being interested in contributing. We hope that your reviews will be helpful to fellow runners. If you have questions before you apply or about RunRepeat in general, email Shiela (email@example.com) directly.