Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 14.1ozWomen: 9.9oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: X-Wide, Normal, WideWomen: Wide
- The Avia Avi-Union II Strap is an update to the well-loved original Avi-Union II shoe. It is created for people whose job or lifestyle requires spending a bulk of time on their feet. The trainer features a bit more streamlined look and employs two wide hook-and-loop straps to secure the fit.
- The shoe makes use of a plain synthetic leather upper for a classic look and a supportive fit. The material is treated with the Defender by Scotchgard solution to protect it against water and stains.
- It retains the CMEVA (compression molded ethylene vinyl acetate) foam for cushioning. Under the heel, the Cantilever technology and a gel unit absorb the shock upon each impact.
- A molded EVA insole is placed inside for extra comfort. It is removable.
- The rubber compound at the bottom features a new design for a more effective traction. Its oil-and-slip resistance also keeps the wearer sure-footed on smooth and wet surfaces.
The Avia Avi-Union II Strap comes in both men’s and women’s sizes. The male version is available in whole and half US sizes 7 to 14 as well as in D – Medium and 4E – Extra Wide width options. The ladies’ option can be purchased in whole and half US sizes 6 to 11 as well as in B – Medium and D – Wide profiles. The shoe has no laces as the fit is regulated by two wide hook-and-loop straps on top of the instep.
A durable rubber compound lines the bottom of the Avi-Union II Strap. It sports a damboard-like design to keep the foot steady on smooth surfaces. It also has oil-and-slip resistant properties to ensure traction.
The trainer provides cushioning and shock-absorption with the help of the full-length CMEVA foam. This material forms a lightweight and flexible underfoot platform.
Incorporated into the foam are the gel unit and the Cantilever technology. They serve to enhance support and padding under the wearer’s heel.
Inside the trainer, a molded EVA insole is found. It is meant to add comfort and cushioning and can be easily removed in favor of custom orthotics.
The Avi-Union II Strap from Avia employs synthetic leather for its upper unit. It only comes in two plain color options: a black one and a white one. It makes the footwear suitable to match with most work uniforms.
The Defender by Scotchgard is used to make the upper material resistant to water and stains. Besides, the high-wear areas of the shoe are reinforced with additional leather overlays for improved durability.
Across the midfoot, two hook-and-loop straps are added in place of the lace-up closure. They serve to keep the foothold secure and can be easily adjusted at preference.
- The shoe has been approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) and has been awarded by the APMA Seal of Acceptance.