Experts are walkers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Avia Avi-Union is a walking shoe designed for people who spend a lot of time on their feet. It is equipped with the compression molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (CMEVA) foam that delivers cushioning and shock absorption.
- The heel section uses a layer of soft gel padding called the GELfōm and the Cantilever technology. They form a heel cup that enhances the comfort provided by the midsole and keep the rearfoot steady.
- Inside, a molded EVA sockliner aims to reduce the force of impact from each step. It ensures that the foot is comfortable at all times.
- The outsole is made of oil and slip-resistant rubber. This material is durable and provides traction on various types of surfaces, even wet conditions.
- Synthetic leather is used in the upper of this model. It has been treated with the Defender, a chemical from Scotchgard, to make it resistant to water, oil, and stains.
The Avia Avi-Union is attainable in both men’s and women’s sizes. Lengthwise, it follows the standard measurement of shoes. It comes in D - Medium and 4E - Wide width options for male consumers. As for female customers, they may choose between a C - Medium, which has a broader forefoot than B - Medium, and a D - Wide profile.
The Avia Avi-Union utilizes a non-slip outsole. This rubber is meant to be durable, so it does not quickly wear out. It is engineered to be oil- and water-resistant which allows it to stay grippy on wet surfaces.
The flex grooves are found in the forefoot area. They promote natural foot flexion. The outsole also features a tread pattern that enhances its traction and supports quick direction changes.
The Avia Avi-Union employs a full-length CMEVA foam. This cushioning platform is made to be durable and flexible. It provides shock attenuation to prevent injuries or discomfort.
The midsole is enhanced with the GELfōm and the Cantilever at the heel section. The components create a cup that centers the heel and keeps it steady with each step. It has a high-energy return[,] which results in a trampoline-like effect for improved shock absorption.
A molded EVA sockliner is found inside the footgear. It follows a person's foot shape to deliver maximum comfort.
The upper of the Avia Avi-Union is made of synthetic leather. This material is meant to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use. It has been treated with the Defender, a chemical produced by Scotchgard, which allows it to be resistant to water, oil, and stains.
The shoe uses a traditional lacing system. Wearers can easily adjust the fit of the upper by loosening or tightening the laces.
The padded collar locks down the foot and prevents accidental shoe removal. It also keeps the ankle area supported and freed from irritation.