Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Updates to Avia Avi-Ginger
- The Avia Avi-Ginger is marketed for people looking for a sturdy walking footgear. It is equipped with a molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole which absorbs shock to prevent discomfort.
- The heel area features the brand’s Cantilever system. It cups the heel to keep it steady and provides additional cushioning.
- Inside is the MEMORYfom sockliner. This insole contours to the shape of the foot to deliver customized support and comfort.
- The bottom of the sole unit is lined with rubber. This compound is durable and provides traction on most surfaces.
- The upper is made of synthetic leather. This material is pliable to promote movement in the forefoot while keeping its shape to provide lateral support.
Avia Avi-Ginger size and fit
The Avia Avi-Ginger only comes in women’s sizes. Lengthwise, it follows the standard measurement of shoes, ranging from US 6 to 11. It is available in B - Medium and D - Wide width options.
The outsole of the Avia Avi-Ginger is made of solid rubber. This compound is meant to withstand the wear and tear associated with walking on pavement or concrete.
The flex grooves at the forefoot promote natural foot flexion. It also features a tread pattern that facilitates quick changes in direction.
The Avia Avi-Ginger employs the molded EVA foam midsole. This cushioning platform is lightweight. It is also durable and does not get compressed easily to provide shock attenuation.
The heel features the brand’s proprietary Cantilever system. This structure cups the rearfoot to keep it steady. It also has a bouncy characteristic that improves shock absorption.
The MEMORYfom sockliner enhances the comfort delivered by the sole unit. It follows the shape of the foot and softens the force of impact.
The upper of the Avia Avi-Ginger is made of synthetic leather. This material is lightweight and durable. It has perforations on the vamp to keep the inside well-ventilated.
A traditional lace-up closure keeps the foot from slipping out of the shoe. The laces can be easily adjusted to tune in the fit according to the wearer’s preference. The lightly padded tongue is covered in mesh fabric. It aims to keep the foot chamber fresh.
The plush collar in this model locks down the foot. It also supports the ankle and prevents chafing.