Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
If you are in the market for a quality set of mountain boots, the Lowa Tibets LL boots are an excellent choice.
- The Tibet LL is designed to deliver stability, comfort and support. It features the Vibram Masai which has a mountaineering tread for grip on most surfaces.
- The DuraPU with SPS dynamic midsole and Climate Control Footbed provide cushioning and walking comfort. The needed rigidity comes from the hard shank.
- A number of brand-patented technologies are situated in its leather upper. It has the FlexFit, C4 tongue, X-Lacing and I-Lock to deliver comfort and durability.
The Lowa Tibet LL is a boot catered to male and female backpackers. It fairly runs true to size. It is offered from narrow to wide widths, with the men’s version until 4E - extra wide. The 2-zone lacing and I-Lock (locking cam hooks) allow varying tensions on the forefoot and the shaft. These features, together with the FlexFit, render an improved overall fit.
The crampon-ready Vibram Masai provides traction on trails. It has a self-cleaning tread with large studs to assist in ascents and descents. A Climbing Zone is featured at the toe section for increased uphill sensitivity. With a cemented construction, the sole of this backpacking boot can be replaced (resoled) at a cost.
The Lowa Tibet LL employs the breathable Climate Control Footbed. It is placed above the shock absorbent DuraPU midsole equipped with Supination Pronation Support (SPS) system. This technology includes a TPU insert which encourages a more natural stride. Additionally, a full-length hard shank stabilizes and grants underfoot support.
This leather lined mid-cut backpacking boot is constructed with minimal seams. It features nubuck leather for its upper which gives it a textured finish. The natural advantages of these materials include water-resistance and resilience. A high wall rubber rand surrounds the boot for protection and added durability.
The Tibet LL has the FlexFit technology (includes Flex Zone near the ankle and Lace Loop) which promotes free movement of the ankles. The anatomical C4 tongue with X-lacing enables a comfortable flex while keeping the tongue in place through the use of a stud. Its open and closed hooks, plus roller eyelets, enable quicker closure.
- The Lowa Tibet LL is compatible with strap-on crampons.
- The waterproof counterpart of this model is the Lowa Tibet GTX.