Reviews from around the internet
- The Gym Warrior 2.0 is just one of the training shoes offered by Adidas. It builds upon its predecessor’s success and features the same technologies which were enhanced for improved versatility, support, and comfort.
- It inherited the textile mesh upper of the previous iteration. An RPU support structure is installed on the forefoot area for enhanced durability in the high-wear areas and lateral support.
- A non-marking rubber material now encompasses the whole outsole to provide more traction. Its build also makes it ideal for indoor training as the rubber outsole does not scuff wooden floors.
- The shoe now uses the Cloudfoam midsole for immediate underfoot comfort upon stepping into the shoes, as the brand claims. It also delivers cushioning for shock absorption.
- The iconic three stripes were redesigned and moved to the forefoot area. The eyelets on the lace-up closure received some updates as well.
The Gym Warrior 2.0 is only available in men’s sizes. It is true to size, but consumers are advised to try it in person to get a secure and comfortable fit. It is available in D - Medium width. The slightly tapered toe box may not accommodate a toe-splay.
A full-length rubber covers the bottom of the Gym Warrior 2.0. This compound is durable, flexible and the tread pattern delivers sufficient traction to prevent slipping while on the move. The rubber is non-marking which means that it will not leave black streaks on gym floors.
The Gym Warrior 2.0 uses a Cloudfoam midsole. It is a type of foam that cushions the impact without weighing the shoe down. This lightweight foam is also used in the men’s Essential Star trainer from Adidas.
Parts of the midsole extend towards the upper. They wrap the front of the toe box for protection during such activities as burpees. In the midfoot area, it serves to support the foot during lateral movements.
The Gym Warrior 2.0 uses textile in the upper for the black colorway. Interwoven fibers make up the construction, which results in a design that accommodates air into the foot-chamber. The other colorways utilize synthetic leather for enhanced durability and support.
Synthetic overlays fortify vital areas such as the toe box, the midfoot area, and the heel part. They serve to protect the textile from wear and tear associated with intense training.
The round laces pass through a small slot on the padded tongue. The traditional lacing system allows wearers to adjust the fit to their preference.
Supporting the ankle is a plush collar which also keeps the foot from accidentally slipping out during movements.
Anchoring the back of the foot to the midsole is a heel clip. This structure ensures that the heel does not slide around during training, potentially preventing injuries.