Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
100 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
I really noticed its stability when I performed a standing shoulder press, where I thrusted a weighted barbell above my head from a standing position.
- The Asics Weldon X is a cross-training shoe that uses lightweight materials to keep the user moving. The upper is made of the Flex Mesh. It facilitates movements and keeps the inside of the trainer well-ventilated. The synthetic overlays are fused onto the mesh fabric for reinforcement.
- The primary midsole uses the fuzeGEL technology. This proprietary cushioning platform is made from the combination of foam and GEL to deliver an adaptable footbed that attenuates shock and facilitates smooth toe-off.
- An additional layer of GEL is used in the forefoot and heel areas. It increases the shock absorption properties of the midsole and helps in the heel-to-toe transition of the foot.
- Inside is the Solyte midsole. It is created using ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA). It is a lightweight cushioning designed to last for a long time.
- As for the outsole, it uses the Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) PLUS. This material is designed to be 50% more durable than the AHAR technology.
The underside of the Asics Weldon X is lined with the AHARPLUS. This rubber compound is designed to be 50% more durable than the original AHAR technology. Unlike typical rubber, AHARPLUS is lightweight but hard-wearing. It also provides shock absorption and traction.
The trainer has flex grooves in the forefoot to promote natural foot flexion. It also has a deep groove running down the middle which keeps the foot stable during the walking gait cycle.
The tread pattern on the outsole enhances the traction of the rubber. It also prevents slipping during quick direction changes.
The Asics Weldon X employs the fuzeGEL midsole. It is made using both foam and GEL. It is an adaptable system that is designed to support the foot, facilitate a smooth heel-to-toe transition, and absorb shock.
The trainer also has additional layers of GEL Cushioning System at the rear and forefoot areas. They enhance the shock attenuation of the midsole unit and helps to evenly distribute the weight of the wearer during the walking gait cycle.
The Solyte footbed is made of the EVA foam. This spongy material has 20% more shock absorption than traditional foam units. It is also made to be durable for long-lasting comfort.
The Asics Weldon X utilizes the Flex Mesh upper. This seamless material is lightweight and breathable to keep the inside of the footwear fresh. Synthetic overlays are fused with the fabric to protect against abrasion, give lateral support, and maintain the structure of the upper.
A traditional lace-up closure holds the foot securely in place. The laces can be tightened or loosened according to a user’s preference for a comfortable fit.
The lightly padded tongue and collar add comfortable elements to the footgear. The tongue protects the instep against irritation caused by the pressure created by the laces. As for the plush collar, it keeps the heel locked down and prevents accidental shoe removal.