Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 7.7ozWomen: 6.5oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Release dateJul 2017
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
100 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
I really noticed its stability when I performed a standing shoulder press, where I thrusted a weighted barbell above my head from a standing position.
Updates to Asics Weldon X
- The Asics Weldon X is a cross-training shoe that uses lightweight materials to keep the user moving. The upper is made of the Flex Mesh. It facilitates movements and keeps the inside of the trainer well-ventilated. The synthetic overlays are fused onto the mesh fabric for reinforcement.
- The primary midsole uses the fuzeGEL technology. This proprietary cushioning platform is made from the combination of foam and GEL to deliver an adaptable footbed that attenuates shock and facilitates smooth toe-off.
- An additional layer of GEL is used in the forefoot and heel areas. It increases the shock absorption properties of the midsole and helps in the heel-to-toe transition of the foot.
- Inside is the Solyte midsole. It is created using ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA). It is a lightweight cushioning designed to last for a long time.
- As for the outsole, it uses the Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) PLUS. This material is designed to be 50% more durable than the AHAR technology.
Asics Weldon X size and fit
This workout shoe from Asics is available in both men’s and women’s sizes. It runs true to size and comes in a D - Medium width for the men’s version and in a B -Medium profile for the women’s style.
The underside of the Asics Weldon X is lined with the AHARPLUS. This rubber compound is designed to be 50% more durable than the original AHAR technology. Unlike typical rubber, AHARPLUS is lightweight but hard-wearing. It also provides shock absorption and traction.
The trainer has flex grooves in the forefoot to promote natural foot flexion. It also has a deep groove running down the middle which keeps the foot stable during the walking gait cycle.
The tread pattern on the outsole enhances the traction of the rubber. It also prevents slipping during quick direction changes.
The Asics Weldon X employs the fuzeGEL midsole. It is made using both foam and GEL. It is an adaptable system that is designed to support the foot, facilitate a smooth heel-to-toe transition, and absorb shock.
The trainer also has additional layers of GEL Cushioning System at the rear and forefoot areas. They enhance the shock attenuation of the midsole unit and helps to evenly distribute the weight of the wearer during the walking gait cycle.
The Solyte footbed is made of the EVA foam. This spongy material has 20% more shock absorption than traditional foam units. It is also made to be durable for long-lasting comfort.
The Asics Weldon X utilizes the Flex Mesh upper. This seamless material is lightweight and breathable to keep the inside of the footwear fresh. Synthetic overlays are fused with the fabric to protect against abrasion, give lateral support, and maintain the structure of the upper.
A traditional lace-up closure holds the foot securely in place. The laces can be tightened or loosened according to a user’s preference for a comfortable fit.
The lightly padded tongue and collar add comfortable elements to the footgear. The tongue protects the instep against irritation caused by the pressure created by the laces. As for the plush collar, it keeps the heel locked down and prevents accidental shoe removal.