Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
They’ve since become one of my favorite pairs of shoes for both my travel and real life.
Updates to Asics MetroLyte
- The Asics MetroLyte is a slip-on walking shoe that was engineered to create a light and smooth walking experience. It has a low-cut profile that features a breathable mesh upper. It is built using the MONO-SOCK Fit System. This construction style allows for a cushy and secure fit.
- The sides are accentuated with soft suede overlays. They help in maintaining the structural integrity of the shoe’s upper.
- It has a low-profile midsole that attenuates the shock with each footfall. It also ensures steadiness while walking.
- Atop is a removable ComforDry sockliner that is composed of memory foam to provide underfoot cushioning designed to fit the contours of the foot. It also has a moisture-wicking ability for a cooler and drier experience.
- The outsole employs the Wet Grip technology that is made from an infusion of both organic and non-organic components. It delivers enhanced traction on wet surfaces.
Asics MetroLyte size and fit
The Asics MetroLyte is designed specifically for women. Despite having the lacing system, this shoe works as slip-on footwear. It only has one available width option which is B - Medium. Due to the sock-like construction of the upper, this footwear may run narrower and smaller than usual, so it may be necessary to go half-a-size up to achieve the right fit.
The Wet Grip technology figures prominently on the outsole of the Asics MetroLyte. Typically used for studless snow tires, organic and inorganic components make up the outsole for improved traction on wet and slippery surfaces. Horizontal grooves serve as channels for water to pass through, allowing the raised portions to break the water layer and increase the outsole’s contact area.
The Asics MetroLyte utilizes a low-profile midsole for boosted steadiness and shock absorption. It also serves as underfoot cushioning.
The removable ComforDry full-length memory foam sockliner has a contoured arch for a comfortable underfoot feel. It also has a moisture-wicking ability to give a drier and cooler environment for the foot.
The Asics MetroLyte uses a mesh material for a comfortable and breathable upper. It is fashioned after the brand’s proprietary MONO-SOCK fit system for a foot-conforming fit. The facade is accentuated by soft suede overlays that reinforce the sides of the shoe.
The footwear also features a thin tongue that is attached to the upper. This design prevents it from moving around and bunching up.
Even though it is a slip-on walking shoe, it still uses a traditional lacing system. It serves to adjust the fit of the upper.