Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 8.8ozWomen: 7.4oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 3mmWomen: 3mm
Heel heightMen: 7mmWomen: 6mm
Forefoot heightMen: 4mmWomen: 4mm
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Overall, I really like the Met-Conviction.
Highlights of the Asics Met-Conviction
- The Asics Met-Conviction was designed as a versatile training shoe to assist athletes during cross-training, functional fitness or any other high-intensity workout.
- It has a sleek upper design with mesh and synthetic materials for a form-fitting, yet breathable and lightweight coverage. The mesh vamp is reinforced with a thin underlay for durability.
- A synthetic midfoot saddle adds structure to the façade and helps the lacing system to give a firm hold to the foot. The Lace Garage on the tongue provides a special pocket for the laces.
- A low-profile midsole with a 3-mm heel-to-toe drop places the foot flat and close to the ground for better contact with the surface.
- The proprietary SpEVA technology is utilized in the midsole unit. It is designed to provide a balance of cushioning and firmness.
- The shoe employs a removable ComforDry sock liner. It aims to keep the foot chamber dry and ventilated.
- The Asics High Abrasion Rubber Plus (AHARPLUS) is utilized on the outsole. It safeguards the longevity of the platform.
- Some of these technologies, like the AHAR rubber and the Lace Garage system, have been carried over to the most recent Asics CrossFit shoe, the Conviction X 2.
Asics Met-Conviction size and fit
The Asics Met-Conviction has versions for both men and women. Regarding length, the shoe is available in a range of full and half sizes. Widthwise, it is offered in D – Medium for gentlemen and in B – Medium for ladies. The trainer is designed to provide a close fit. Thus, it tends to run half-a-size smaller and narrower than the running shoes from this brand.
The Met-Conviction makes use of the brand’s proprietary AHARPLUS material, which is claimed to be about 50% more durable than standard rubber. It is placed throughout the unit to protect the platform against abrasion. It also extends up the medial side and the toe cap for added durability. This rubber is non-marking which means that it doesn’t leave black traces on the surface.
The strategically-placed flex grooves accommodate the natural flexibility of the foot in multiple directions.
The SpEVA technology ensures cushioning and shock absorption. It is a combination of the EVA foam and the rubber ball material which is designed to improve rebound by 20%.
The removable ComforDry sock liner is employed for added cushioning. Its moisture-wicking and anti-microbial properties help in retaining a cool and dry environment for the foot.
A breathable mesh is a primary material used in the upper unit of the Met-Conviction. The vamp is reinforced with a thin, seamless underlay for increased durability.
The synthetic rubber overlays are added around the toe box, as well as on the sides. The lateral and medial reinforcements heighten protection when taking on more abrasive exercises such as rope-climbing.
A synthetic leather saddle covers the midfoot section of the shoe. It is intertwined with the lacing system to provide structural integrity and a customized fit.
The Lace Garage technology features a pocket on the tongue which can be used for tucking the laces in and keeping them safely unexposed.