Good to know
- The Asics Lift Master Lite is designed as a weightlifting shoe that also has the capabilities of cross-training footwear. It is not as expensive as a regular weightlifting trainer because it does not use wood and leather materials. Instead, it uses a combination of rubber, mesh, and synthetic materials to deliver a weightlifting shoe at a fraction of the cost.
- The upper is made from mesh with synthetic overlays for reinforcement. This type of material keeps the inside well ventilated during training.
- For the closure, it uses a combination of laces and a single hook-and-loop strap at the midfoot. The lace-up closure keeps the foot from slipping out of the shoe while the strap allows users to customize the fit.
- Inside, the Mono-Sock technology wraps the foot in a seamless and comfortable material. The elastic fabric reduces friction inside and prevents blisters.
- The outsole utilizes the AHAR Plus compound. The brand claims that it has excellent abrasion resistance and also cushions the underside of the shoe.
- The thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) heel is designed to give the footwear the right amount of lift at the back to make squats and lunges deeper. This material is durable and does not easily get compressed which makes it stable during weightlifting.
The Lift Master Lite employs the Asics High Abrasion Rubber Plus or AHAR Plus. It is a durable compound that can withstand the everyday wear and tear that’s attributed to training. This material is an upgraded version of AHAR which is 50% more durable.
The rear part of the outsole has deep X grooves, which serves to stabilize the foot by ensuring that the center of pressure is kept at the heel during specific activities like squatting and lifting.
Vertical and horizontal tread patterns are designed throughout the entire sole unit. This pattern heightens surface traction while also allowing the foot to bend more naturally.
The Asics Lift Master Lite features a TPU heel. This material is durable and not easily compressible which gives the rear section its stability during weight training. The geometric pattern provides the heel with an interesting look. This platform has a heel height of 18 mm which is considered to be in the average among weightlifting trainers.
A molded foam insole can be found inside the shoe. This addition delivers a comfortable footbed that reduces shock felt by foot.
The Asics Lift Master Lite utilizes a mesh upper. This material keeps the inside well ventilated. It has synthetic overlays that provide structure and support to the upper.
The inside is lined with the Mono-Sock fit system. This technology, as the name implies, conforms to the foot like a sock. It delivers a snug fit without being too constricting. This seamless material also ensures that that friction inside the shoe is reduced to prevent blisters.
It features a traditional lacing system to keep the foot securely in place. The lightly padded tongue evenly spreads out the pressure made by the round laces to keep the instep comfortable at all times. A single strap is present in the midfoot area. It allows users to customize the fit as well as reinforce the lateral support.
A notch is present at the back of the shoe to prevent it from digging into the Achilles during plantar flexion. The notch is a groove that accommodates the Achilles and gives the ankle more freedom to move.