Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Asics Lethal Tackle
- More popular in the Rugby world, the Asics Lethal Tackle is built for the tough competition, to provide hard tackles during tight matches. It caught the attention of many football players and many have become a fan.
- This cleat comes with many features and among them is the Board Lasting. It is a thin fibreboard where the upper is glued then cemented to the midsole. It is engineered to deliver maximum stability and durability.
- The HG10MM is another unique feature that this cleat utilizes. It is a 10mm height difference between its heel and forefoot which is meant to provide the best biomechanical position. The HG10MM protects and enhances forward motion, as well as reduces weight on the Achilles tendon, hamstring and back, and the calf muscles.
- For its midsole, Asics has equipped this football boot with a Solyte compound. The Solyte is a lighter weight midsole material compared to the standard EVA, and SpEVA employed on other boots. It also performs with enhanced cushioning and durability that improves overall comfort.
Fit and sizing
The Asics Lethal Tackle fits a bit narrow around the toe area. Its EVA removable sockliner molds to the shape of the foot giving a snug fit. This football boot is available in the standard sizes for men and women and fits true to size.
As for its base, this football boot shows off a synthetic outsole with a multi-stud configuration. It makes use of removable studs, so players have the option of replacing worn-out cleats as well as customize the stud setup for maximum traction.
Asics has fitted this model with a Solyte midsole. Compared to other compounds like EVA and SpEVA, this material is lighter and offers enhanced cushioning for a more comfortable fit.
The Asics Lethal Tackle utilizes a Board Lasting assembly for its upper. With this technology, the upper is fixed to a thin fibre board then fastened to the midsole for stability and durability. As a result, the feet move with ease, enhancing passes and attacks.
- This football boot weighs 339 grams.