Who should buy the ASICS GT 4000 2
The ASICS GT 4000 2 might interest you if:
- Situations require you get a pair that doesn't require any break-in periods.
- A running companion that offers reliable grip even on wet surfaces is what you are after.
- A shoe with the ability to remove sweat and remains stink-free is what you need.
Updates to the ASICS GT 4000 2
- Specially designed for overpronators, the second iteration to the GT 4000 series from ASICS is all about enhanced support and stability. This is owed to the road running shoe's midsole construction, permitting the racer to have propulsion and protection.
- Unlike the previous version of the stability shoe lineup, the GT 4000 2 utilizes a jacquard mesh upper. This fabric houses the foot comfortably while effectively wicking away the moisture, keeping the foot cool and dry all throughout the run.
Size and fit
The ASICS GT 4000 2 is configured following the standard sizing schemes for both men and women. Thus, purchasers can get this stability-running shoe following their usual size choice.
Since the running shoe features a lace-up design, users are given the freedom of customizing the fit of the platform. Moreover, the Ortholite sockliner layered on top of the midsole foam also highlights the support and added comfort. Thanks to the jacquard mesh textile acting as the outer envelope of the foot, slippage is avoided.
Amplified outsole grip
A staple to almost all ASICS running shoes, the AHAR technology is what comprises the outsole of the ASICS GT 4000 2. It is made of a sturdy rubber that amplifies the ground adherence of the stability shoe that provides surefooted strides, regardless of terrain and weather.
Because the makeup of the outsole innovation is a mix of high-abrasion rubber and a reinforcing material, running contenders are equipped with a reliable shield from hazardous ground elements. Despite its function-loaded engineering, AHAR still maintains a light composition that encourages the acceleration of the athlete.
Bouncy and resilient platform
Because the ASICS running shoe caters to overpronators, a well-supported ride is a must. To achieve this, the Duomax technology from the brand pronounces the balance of the wearer, ensuring optimal stability. Complementing the Duomax technology is the platform's FlyteFoam Propel midsole, heightening resilience, and bounce. Given such elements, the energy return is maximized granting efficient strides.
The Guidance Trusstic System, on the other hand, generates a natural sensation and an augmented forward motion.
Cradle for hygiene
Embedded on the midsole is a featherlight Ortholite footbed that has excellent moisture management. This is all due to the unique open-cell structure of the foam which ensures a healthy foot nature by keeping the foot cool and dry. It also cushions the underfoot which provides a plush and comfortable sensation. The same midsole element is observed in the ASICS Gel Quantum 180 4.
The ASICS GT 4000 2's upper unit
Presenting a sports-oriented construction, the jacquard mesh serves as the upper of the ASICS GT 4000 2. It keeps the foot locked in place as it goes through the entire gait cycle. It also drains the water from the shoe that gives a sweat- and odor-free ride.
Further enhancing the security and lockdown of the stability platform, a traditional lacing system is implemented on the upper. It gives a dialed-in, accurate wrap.