Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Asics Gel Respector is available for all genders. Originally built as a runner and crafted with an upper commonly overlaid with suede and synthetic leather, this lifestyle shoe ensures to hold the foot better and to offer sufficient support. Its streamlined construction, however, provides minimal toe space.
Always on the go? Consider wearing the Gel Respector. Equipped with the renowned Gel Technology, this shoe promises to keep up with the hustle and bustle of your everyday life while surrounding your feet in comfort.
This sneaker is available in a myriad of stunning colorways. Neutral-colored versions are perfect for those who want to keep their look simple yet attractive. Brightly-colored editions, on the other hand, are a great option for the fun-loving and adventurous type. Regardless of color, this shoe goes well with various casual clothing including jeans and sweatpants.
Avid supporters of the brand will instinctively notice this shoe’s classic-styled upper highlighted with the Asics’ iconic geometric embossing. Moreover, it features a textured EVA molded midsole with the Gel technology embedded on its heel. This greatly improves the shoe’s shock-absorbing capability. This tech also elevates the sneaker’s comfort level to the next level.
Founded in 1949, Asics has never stopped developing their products. Aiming to improve athletes’ performance through technology, a state-of-the-art research lab was established by the company. This allowed the brand to create the best athletic footwear and apparel possible. Over the years, they have achieved so many. Despite this, they remain in pursuit of perfection.
The famous Gel cushioning, considered as the most revolutionary technology invented by this brand, made its debut in 1987. The creation of this groundbreaking tech soon led to the development of various innovative footwear that excited fitness lovers and casual walkers alike.
The Gel Respector, launched in the year 1991, featured the well-known Asics Gel Technology. To top it off, it shared Gel Lyte III’s outsole pattern. Some iterations also inherited the wavy midsole pattern of the Gel Lyte V. Having said that, the Gel Respector also had its unique features. These include the toe reinforcement, plastic eyelet stays and the oversized TPU heel protector.
Although perceived as a promising creation, this shoe came into existence in a time when the Gel Lyte III and V were making waves in the market. Outshined by its siblings, the Gel Respector received little recognition. In the year 2015, however, it finally got its opportunity to enjoy the spotlight
Outfitted in a variety of materials and color schemes, this underrated low-top sneaker is now steadily gaining popularity. The brand does not also show any signs of abating as it continues to reinvent the product to meet present-day consumers' needs and demands. Given all their efforts, obtaining an iconic status can soon be expected from the Gel Respector.
- Depending on colorway and cost, the shoe’s upper can be made of suede, synthetic leather, nylon, and others or a combination of various materials.
- For enhanced fit and stability, the cushioning on the midfoot’s lateral and medial sides have been raised.
- Stability and durability of the Gel Respector are further improved with the addition of the TPU protector in the heel and the midfoot support on the lateral and medial side.
- Expect to find the Asics branding embossed on the sole’s lateral side and on the TPU heel clip. It can also be printed or embroidered on the tongue and on the heel.
- Some versions have perforations on the forefoot and quarter panels for better breathability.
- For all-day comfort, the shoe’s interior is lined with breathable textile. Its footbed is also cushioned and its tongue and collar are also padded.
- Secure fit can be achieved with its lacing system that features the unique plastic eyelet stays.
- Other Gel Respector models have reflective material on the Asics’ striping for better visibility at night.
- The insoles are removable.
- Durable rubber outsole with flex grooves offers reliable grip and traction.
- Another distinguishable feature is the Gel callout located on the back quarter of the shoe.