- On the back and forefoot parts of the shoe is Asics’ RearFoot and Forefoot Gel Technology. The rear gel pad softens the impact upon landing. The forefoot gel pad, on the other hand, facilitates a smoother transition throughout the running phases.
- The Heel Clutching System Technology is an external component that minimally stabilizes the heel, keeping it from moving side to side during runs. Since this structure cups the heel, it also improves the fit on this part of the foot.
- Equipped with a FluidFit upper, the Asics Gel Quantum 360 Shift MX can easily adapt to the movement of the foot while maintaining a comfortable fit. This technology is composed of elastic mesh and non-elastic mesh reinforcement that adjusts to the runner’s foot.
- The entire shoe is made with the IGS (Impact Guidance System) Technology. This is a design concept by Asics that links different components together to produce a smoother transition throughout the running gait cycle.
- On the midsole is a Trusstic System that gives a bit of stability to the shoe. Each Asics Trusstic structure is different, depending on what sport the shoe was designed for. Example, Asics basketball shoes have a different Trusstic component than ones for running. This is because the shape of this technology is tailored to the motion characteristic for each sport.
- The bottom of the shoe was made with a tough rubber known as AHAR. It approximately has twice the abrasion resistance than traditional rubbers, giving the shoe better resistance to wear and tear, as well as extending its shelf life.
The Asics Gel Quantum 360 Shift MX same as with its base version, the Gel Quantum 360 Shift, comes in standard running shoe sizes. Runners who wish to get a pair can make use of their usual running shoe measurements. The same goes for its width. It is available in medium measurements – B – medium and D – medium for women and men respectively.
Similar to the well known Asics Gel Nimbus 21, this shoe's outsole is made up of a tough rubber called AHAR. This rubber is also used in the manufacturing of car tires. Its robustness improves the shoe’s durability, traction, as well as abrasion resistance. It also extends the life of the shoe, granting runners more mileage with their footwear.
The tread pattern is composed of shapes, lines, and grooves that make it look like tire tread. This design allows the tough AHAR rubber to be more flexible, permitting the sole to move together with the runner. The design also complements the traction delivered by the outsole material, adapting and gripping to common surfaces like asphalt.
The main platform material is Asics’ Solyte. This material is named appropriately since it was found to be lighter than the usual EVA foams and SpEVa Asics midsoles. Despite its lightness, the material doesn’t lose the essential properties needed in a high-performance midsole – cushioning, bounciness, sufficient shock attenuation, and energy return are still delivered.
For better cushioning and impact dispersion, both the rear foot and forefoot have the Gel Cushion Technology. As the runner lands, the Rearfoot Gel softens the impacting force. The runner, then, has a smoother transition into the next phase of the running cycle and propels forward with more energy and lesser effort because of the forefoot cushioning.
The FluidFit upper is made up of a breathable mesh fabric. This material allows air to easily pass through the shoe, promoting better ventilation and significantly reducing hot spots. It also has multi-directional elastic characteristics that allow it to adapt to the foot, delivering a snug, customized, and comfortable fit.
The upper was made with seamless construction. This design feature reduces the risk of skin irritation by eliminating traditional seams and stitches. Because the upper looks smooth and one-piece, it gives the shoe a cohesive and updated look.
To maintain the upper’s seamlessness, not a lot of overlays were added to the top part of the shoe. Only the Asics signature lines can be found on both sides, serving as minimal reinforcements to the stretchable mesh upper.
Slightly locking the heel down in place is the Exoskeletal Heel Clutching System. It cups the heel and prevents it from moving side to side during runs. Although the support this component delivers is not significant, it still does its job while improving the fit on the heel, thereby giving a better feeling of security during runs.
The shoe is equipped with a traditional lace-up closure. However, instead of the usual circular eyelets, the laces are threaded through loops. This design helps tighten the fit on the midfoot, minimally making it stay in place during runs. The difference with traditional eyelets is that it minimizes the risk of the eyelet tearing.
The shoe was made with an Ortholite lasting. Commonly, the Ortholite material comes in the form of shoe inserts. However, in this case, the material was made into a lining. It fights off microbes that cause foot odor, and it easily absorbs foot sweat. Also, it enhances the comfort felt from within the shoe.
On top of the platform, an extra layer of cushioning was added. This insole is called ComforDry. It is breathable and has anti-microbial properties. It keeps the foot cool as it absorbs moisture during long runs. This component complements the Ortholite Lasting, delivering similar benefits.
Size and fit
How Gel Quantum 360 Shift MX compares
3 shoes (0.33% of shoes)
8 shoes (0.87% of shoes)
10 shoes (1% of shoes)
38 shoes (4% of shoes)
78 shoes (8% of shoes)
95 shoes (10% of shoes)
186 shoes (20% of shoes)
255 shoes (28% of shoes)
217 shoes (24% of shoes)
29 shoes (3% of shoes)
0 shoes (0% of shoes)
112 shoes (12% of shoes)
265 shoes (29% of shoes)
270 shoes (29% of shoes)
164 shoes (18% of shoes)
62 shoes (7% of shoes)
33 shoes (4% of shoes)
9 shoes (0.98% of shoes)
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
2 shoes (0.22% of shoes)
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
6 shoes (0.78% of shoes)
18 shoes (2% of shoes)
46 shoes (6% of shoes)
140 shoes (18% of shoes)
208 shoes (27% of shoes)
219 shoes (28% of shoes)
100 shoes (13% of shoes)
25 shoes (3% of shoes)
4 shoes (0.52% of shoes)
5 shoes (0.65% of shoes)