- The 3rd version of the Asics Gel Lyte33 significantly lowers its weight from the previous Lyte33 2’s. It loses 2 ounces or 57 grams, so the running experience becomes significantly lighter and more efficient. The upper unit is soft, comfortable and agreeable to the skin. The mid-sole uses a cushioning system that’s one of the most lightweight on the market.
- The upper unit of the Gel Lyte33 3 uses minimal materials that do not limit the natural movement of the foot. The breathable coverage is consistent and it secures the foot responsibly. A seamless construction has even been employed to get rid of irritation or discomfort.
- The mid-sole unit of this Asics running shoe ensures the runner of a fluid and efficient step through the gait cycle. The cushioning system is high in quality and it doesn’t lose structure easily. A unit in the heel adds shock absorption mechanics for an easier and less tasking heel strike. Natural movement is also encouraged through flex grooves.
- The AHAR® or the Asics High Abrasion Resistant Rubber is a strong and long-lasting material that’s been used for many shoes. It’s one of the most well-regarded layers of protection. It delivers durable shielding against surface abrasion and wear.
- The F.A.S.T.™ Sole essentially reduces the weight of the outsole unit by focusing the durable rubber on critical areas of the sole unit where wear is most likely to happen.
The Asics Gel Lyte33 3 has a standard running shoe length. It uses the regular measurements to which men and women are accustomed. Its available width is medium, so it accommodates runners who have feet that are medium-sized. The low-profile design and semi-curved shape welcomes the natural shape of the runner’s foot for an amenable fit.
The AHAR® or the Asics High Abrasion Resistant Rubber is a strong and long-lasting material that’s been used for many shoes. It’s one of the most well-regarded layers of protection. It delivers durable shielding against surface abrasion and wear. This reliable outsole material is also featured in the popular Asics Patriot 10.
The F.A.S.T.™ Sole design limits the use of the rubber material on the external sole unit. It’s meant to reduce the overall weight of the shoe while also allowing the rubber to focus on areas that are most likely to be exposed to abrasion or damage.
The Solyte® is a mid-sole foam that runs the entire length of the shoe. It is made from top-of-the-line materials, so it doesn’t break down easily. It gives the runner a durable and responsive platform on which to rest the foot.
The Gel® Cushioning System is a silicon-based unit that’s placed in the heel of the Gel Lyte33 3. This material efficiently protects the foot from any discomfort that may be felt when landing the foot on the ground. It absorbs shock and dissipates it for a less tasking foot strike.
The F.A.S.T.™ Ride makes the Solyte® firmer. Doing this enhances its responsiveness, thus making the ride much more agreeable to the performance of the runner. Heel-to-toe transitions are much smoother.
The F.A.S.T.™ Drop employs a drop from heel to toe of 6mm. This drop factor encourages mid-foot-to-forefoot striking, thus encouraging faster transitions and faster running. It also lessens the overall weight of the shoe.
The Deep Flex Grooves give the runner more freedom of movement as it allows the platform to move in accordance with the foot. The forefoot flex becomes easier and more agreeable.
The FluidAxis® mid-sole technology uses flex grooves that have been placed correctly in an anatomical manner. Aligned to the joints of the foot, these grooves allow the shoe to respond to each specific movement made by the foot, thus making sure that cushioning and underfoot support is afforded at all times.
Open mesh is the primary material used in the upper unit of the Asics Gel Lyte33 3. It’s smooth, soft and very responsive. It acclimates well to the motions of the foot while also maintaining a cool and dry interior environment.
The F.A.S.T.™ Heel is a design that hugs the rear of the foot well to provide security and responsible lockdown. Low-weight materials were used for this, so it doesn’t sacrifice the lightweight nature of this running shoe.
The upper unit has a Seamless Construction. From the external fabrics to the inner sleeve, the materials are able to welcome the foot without getting it irritated from seams or contact points that may cause blistering or welting. It has a sock-like fit, so sockless wearing is quite approved for this shoe.
The Standard Sock Liner is placed just above the main mid-sole unit. It adds a bit more cushioning, so that the underfoot platform is much more comfortable and well-supported.
Size and fit
How Gel Lyte33 3 compares
3 shoes (0.33% of shoes)
7 shoes (0.76% of shoes)
10 shoes (1% of shoes)
39 shoes (4% of shoes)
77 shoes (8% of shoes)
95 shoes (10% of shoes)
183 shoes (20% of shoes)
259 shoes (28% of shoes)
218 shoes (24% of shoes)
29 shoes (3% of shoes)
0 shoes (0% of shoes)
112 shoes (12% of shoes)
266 shoes (29% of shoes)
270 shoes (29% of shoes)
164 shoes (18% of shoes)
62 shoes (7% of shoes)
33 shoes (4% of shoes)
9 shoes (0.98% of shoes)
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
2 shoes (0.22% of shoes)
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
6 shoes (0.78% of shoes)
18 shoes (2% of shoes)
47 shoes (6% of shoes)
140 shoes (18% of shoes)
208 shoes (27% of shoes)
219 shoes (28% of shoes)
100 shoes (13% of shoes)
25 shoes (3% of shoes)
4 shoes (0.52% of shoes)
5 shoes (0.65% of shoes)