The ASICS Gel Lyte V is the perfect go-to for:
- sneaker fans who are suckers for anything classic
- those who want a lightweight shoe
- those who want steady steps on the pavement
Who should NOT buy it
If you have wide feet, you can pass up on the Gel Lyte V from ASICS. And if you want , you can skip it too.
Instead, you can go for the ASICS Tiger Runner or the ASICS Gel 1090. They're affordable and they're definitely friendly to large feet.
"Extremely comfortable" is how reviewers describe the ASICS Gel Lyte V's cushioning system. It's so "soft" and "easy on the foot;" they can wear it all day.
Unlike any other
The majority agree that this low-top, running-inspired kick is one-of-a-kind. According to them, it's cool, stylish, and sleek; it catches the attention of many onlookers.
Stability is a surefire killer
It has ample padding and support underfoot; there's no need for additional cushioning.
Those with flat feet nod to this, saying they have NOT experienced any slips or missteps in the Ge Lyte V.
The ASICS Gel Lyte V won't bring you down
And we mean this literally. Multiple testers claim that it barely has any weight; it disappears on foot.
After months of constant use, long-time owners of the shoe state that it's "durable." From the outsole to the upper, there's barely any dent or scratch.
Sweaty feet no more
When used in humid conditions, the upper lets in a lot of air; there are NO reports of hot or sweaty feet.
Several have tried using orthotics with this sneaker as the insoles are removable and replaceable.
The Gel Lyte V's easy upkeep
A couple of users observe that the ASICS Gel Lyte V remains clean for a long time.
There's not much width and height in the forefoot; it restrains the toes. Worse, it rubs the skin, causing abrasion.
Looks can be deceiving
The ASICS Gel Lyte V doesn't look exactly how it does online. Critics have pointed out that it's too bulky in person.
Nice to know about the Gel Lyte V from ASICS
- Depending on price and colorway, the shoe’s upper can be made of mesh, synthetic suede, nylon, and others or a combination of various materials.
- Plush comfort is achieved with the Gel Lyte V’s airy neoprene lining and cushioned footbed.
- Some colorways feature a reflective “V” on the shoe’s heel. This is added for better visibility at night.
- The sneaker’s traditional lace-up closure helps improve the ASICS Gel Lyte V’s fit.
- The insoles are removable.
- These kicks come with extra laces.
- Common to this model, the ASICS branding can be found on the shoe’s tongue and heel. The Gel Lyte V callout can also be located on the lateral side of the sneaker.