Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The Asic Gel Lethal Ultimate 12 is comfortable and almost feels like a running shoe on your foot.
- The Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 is a tech-heavy soccer cleat that is engineered to provide superior support and protection. Not only do these technologies create a supportive soccer cleat, but they also offer superior comfort even for players who have a history of foot problems.
- This soccer cleat features the HG10mm technology. This is a special sole from Asics that has a slightly elevated heel. It is useful in minimizing lower muscle stress by shifting the user’s body weight forward.
- Its full-length Solyte Midsole offers excellent underfoot cushioning all throughout the 90-minute game. This technology also adds to the overall durability of the shoe.
- The Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 also features the Solyte Lasting 65. It is a lasting material that has 65-degree hardness for a stable heel.
- The RearFoot Gel System (RGS) and the Personal Heel Fit (PHF) provide excellent fit and feel. The RGS acts as a shock absorber, while the Personal Heel Fit creates a custom fit by following the natural shape of the foot.
- On the back part of the shoe is the IGS or the Impact Guidance System. It allows the user to perform heel-to-toe movements more naturally.
- Underneath the soleplate is the Guidance Trusstic System. This technology is like a bridge that connects the forefoot and the heel for powerful push-offs.
- To further accommodate the needs of players with foot issues, the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 has a removable sockliner. It is designed to follow the shape of the foot.
- The Solyte Polymer Outsole is crafted to be lightweight without sacrificing the shoe’s durability. It remains resistant to wear allowing the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 to last longer.
The Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 comes in sizes 8 to 13 in men’s version only. With its wide soleplate, it can accommodate players with wider-than-normal foot widths. However, because of its central lacing system, this soccer cleat can also fit those who have narrow feet.
For the soleplate, the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 uses the dual-density Solyte Polymer Outsole. It is made up of a resin material that is 30% more lightweight than polyurethane used in other soleplates. Despite the reduction in weight, this soleplate material remains durable against wear.
The Guidance Trusstic System is found in between the forefoot and rear of the soleplate. It acts as a reinforcement for the midfoot and prevents the shoe from unnecessary twisting. Moreover, it helps the user push off from the ground with more energy.
The Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 comes with a multi-stud layout. Not only does it provide optimum grip on firm grounds (FG), these cleats also offer better stability by dispersing underfoot pressure.
Like most Asics soccer cleats, the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 also has the HG10mm technology. By raising the heel by 10 millimeters, the body weight is shifted slightly forward thereby lessening the load on the leg. Likewise, the midsole sponge used alleviates the impact on the knee.
Also, this soccer cleat features a full-length Solyte Midsole. Aside from being lightweight, this technology also provides more cushioning, responsiveness, and durability to the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12.
With the addition of the Solyte Lasting material that has 65-degree hardness, the midsole is more stable and less likely to deform.
The upper of the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 is made up of two materials. It uses a synthetic leather material in the majority of the upper and kangaroo leather toe box. These materials offer superb comfort and fit.
It has an insole that is engineered to follow the natural shape of the foot. The sock liner can be removed if the event that the player wants to use a medical orthotic.
This soccer cleat features the Solyte Lasting material with 65-degree hardness. This allows the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12 to have a firm and stable heel.
The RearFoot Gel is a silicone-based cushioning system that lessens the shock when the heel strikes the ground. On the other hand, the Personal Heel Fit is made up of memory foams that line the collar of the Asics Gel Lethal Ultimate IGS 12. It provides a soft, padded feel in the ankle as well as delivering a glove-like fit in the heel.
The Impact Guidance System (IGS) is found on the rear of this high-end soccer cleat. It is engineered based on the human body’s natural way of performing heel-to-toe movements.