Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Asics Gel Lethal Speed ST
- Taking design inspiration from the Rugby Union, the Asics Gel Lethal Speed ST sports a lightweight construction that is meant to make it very responsive on the pitch. This football boot has been equipped with various technologies that allow it to be one dependable companion on the playing field.
- Among the features of this Asics football boot is its kangaroo leather vamp that ushers in a clean ball touch for enhanced control. Its flexible construction works to enhance comfort, allowing for natural movement of the foot.
- Over at the midfoot, this football boot wears a central lace-up closure, which is common in many firm ground boots like the Mizuno’s Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground.
- This football boot also utilizes the brand’s HG10mm technology, which elevates the heel by 10mm. This feature is also utilized by other boots from the brand like the Asics Gel Lethal Tigreor 10 ST. This results in reduced strain on the lower leg muscles, so wearers get enhanced efficiency in making forward movements and accelerations.
- Asics has also equipped this football boot with a Solyte midsole. Compared to the standard EVA and SpEVA found in many Asics shoes, this midsole is considerably lighter. It also offers better cushioning and durability.
- For its base, this football boot highlights a sturdy and durable Pebax outsole. With its multi-studded configuration, this sole unit delivers the needed grip to execute cuts and direction changes on the firm ground pitch.
Fit and sizing
Asics has released the Gel Lethal Speed ST in the standard men’s sizes, from 7 to 15. It has a regular width and fits true to size. Built with a central lacing system, this football boot offers a snug fit that does not necessarily restrain movement. The Solyte midsole also improves overall comfort.
This football boot relies on a Pebax outsole for grip and durability. This sole unit features a multi-studded pattern that supplies traction on firm ground surfaces.
This football boot features a Solyte midsole that is comparably lighter than the standard foam used in other Asics boots. This layer works to minimize foot strain with its shock-absorbing properties. Moreover, with the brand’s HG10mm technology that elevates the heel, the foot is protected from injuries and acceleration is also maximized.
The upper of the Asics Gel Lethal Speed uses a kangaroo leather vamp that introduces a close feel of the ball. This results in an improved ball handling experience. This Asics model also utilizes on a lace-up closure that provides a form-fitting wrap around the foot.
- The Asics Gel Lethal Speed ST weighs 4.54 grams.
- This football boot is recommended for all types of football including rugby.