Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 9.4ozWomen: 7oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
Trust the ASICS Women’s Gel-Fortius TR 2 training shoes to stand the test of time thanks to the abrasion-resistant quarter-panel brace and reinforced toe cap.
Thus, in these varied sports what is needed is a good mix or trade off between all exercises, and the ASICS Men's Gel-Fortius TR Cross-Training Shoe does just that.
- The Asics Gel Fortius 2 is an adaptive, functional fitness cross-training shoe that is engineered to tackle a diverse range of physical activities. Its design is reminiscent of the preceding GEL-Fortius TR, but the current version has a grittier and more structured form.
- The shoe now employs synthetic leather and mesh to make the upper breathable, comfortable, and lightweight. It is also reinforced with an abrasion-resistant quarter panel brace to protect the shoe from wear and tear.
- A new asymmetrical lacing design works toward improving foothold. It also aims to reduce irritation caused by traditional lace closures.
- The sole unit features midfoot wraps and flex-grooves for responsive performance. Encased in the heel part is the GEL Cushioning System which absorbs shock during impact and allows smooth transitions throughout the movement.
- The Asics Gel Fortius 2 now utilizes an AHAR Plus outsole for maximum durability. The WET GRIP technology is also used for traction on multiple surfaces.
The Asics Gel Fortius 2 is a cross-training shoe that has versions for both men and women. The length follows standard cross-training shoe sizing for each gender. The width measurements are D – Medium for men and B – Medium for women. Consumers are advised to try it the shoe person to get the perfect fit.
The outsole of the Asics Gel Fortius 2 is powered by the AHAR Plus, an abrasion-resistant compound that is 50% more durable and lightweight than Asics’ standard AHAR sole. It is strategically placed throughout the outsole to protect the rest of the platform from damage.
Its traction on wet and slippery surfaces is handled by the WET GRIP technology. It is a material that’s made from the amalgamation of natural and non-organic compounds.
The low-profile midsole of the Asics Gel Fortius 2 is known for its two features. One, it has a flexible forefoot to promote natural flexion for dynamic high-impact exercises. Two, it has midfoot wraps that allow for additional grip which can come in handy during weightlifting sessions.
The Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System softens the impact when landing the foot on the ground. It also makes multi-directional movement an easy feat.
This pair of Asics training shoes features a synthetic leather and mesh upper for a breathable, comfortable, and lightweight fit. These characteristics are meant to improve training performance.
The trainer is equipped with an abrasion-resistant quarter-panel brace and stitched down rubber toe bumper. They reinforce the high-wear areas to protect the shoe from damage.
The tongue and vamp employ Asics’ air mesh chimney system to provide breathability. This feature allows the foot to cool down.