Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropWomen: 8mm
Heel heightWomen: 14mm
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Asics Gel Fit Yui L.E.
- The Asics Gel Fit Yui L.E. is a women’s workout shoe designed for studio use. It is made of lightweight and flexible materials that promote movement. This updated version of the Gel Fit Yui uses the same technologies, but there are some notable differences such as the flowery upper material.
- Another point of contrast is the lace-up structure. The original model uses elastic straps to hold the laces in place which also serve to enhance the lateral support and overall fit.
- This limited edition release features the same full-length ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam for the midsole with the Rearfoot Gel technology as the previous version. These elements reduce shock and keep the foot comfortable and protected.
- An Ortholite sockliner is placed under the foot. It helps in aerating the foot chamber.
- The midsole also functions as the outsole, but some areas use AHAR, or the Asics High Abrasion Rubber, pods for durability and traction.
Asics Gel Fit Yui L.E. size and fit
The Asics Gel Fit Yui L.E. is a women’s trainer available in US sizes 5 to 11.5, including half sizes. Regarding the width, it only comes in a B - Medium profile. The thin upper material delivers a snug yet non-constricting fit that allows the foot to bend comfortably.
The foam midsole of this model is also used as the outsole. It features light markings that provide smooth movements on studio floors.
The hard-wearing areas at the toes, medial and lateral sides of the midfoot, and the heel are lined with the AHAR. It enhances the traction of the underside without affecting the lightweight construction of the footwear.
The Asics Gel Fit Yui L.E. employs a full-length EVA foam midsole. This platform is engineered to be shock-absorbent to protect the foot against impact when walking and dancing.
The heel is equipped with the Rearfoot Gel technology. This component enhances the impact buffering to deliver a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
Inside the shoe is an Ortholite sockliner that provides maximum underfoot coverage for long-lasting comfort. This element also has breathability and moisture management features that keep the foot fresh during workouts.
Making up the upper of the Asics Gel Fit Yui L.E. is a printed textile. This material is lightweight and soft, facilitating smooth movements during studio workouts. It has a cage-like structure that braces the lateral and the medial sides of the midfoot for support during side-to-side movements.
This model uses a traditional lacing system. Wearers can loosen or cinch the laces to achieve a comfortable fit and make it easier to put on or remove the footwear. At the back of the collar is a pull tab that one can utilize to draw up the shoe quickly.