DiscontinuedUpdate: Asics Gel Exalt 4
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 10.7ozWomen: 8.9oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 10mmWomen: 10mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 22mmWomen: 22mm
Forefoot heightMen: 12mmWomen: 12mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Asics Gel Exalt 3
- Support, comfort, protection and value are what the 3rd generation of the Asics Gel Exalt offers. It uses some of the most efficient technologies when it comes to running shoes. It even looks appealing with its sleek, modern design. Runners can be more confident when running in low-light conditions because of its reflective coating.
- The upper unit durable and pliable fabrics to secure the foot. Air is constantly permitted inside the shoe because of a breathable construction. A stitched-on overlay system hugs the foot and keeps it in place.
- Having a foot-wrap that’s made from high quality materials greatly increases comfort and the efficacy of a runner’s performance.
- A set of tried-and-tested cushioning systems make up the mid-sole unit of the Gel Exalt 3. They give the runner a mix of underfoot support, stability and protection against impact. The platform itself is pliable, so it allows the foot to move naturally through the gait cycle without feeling limited.
- The outsole unit uses a thick rubber material to protect the rest of the platform from damage or wear. It is durable and very capable of delivering traction over the roads. Flex grooves allow the foot to move more naturally, thus making it more responsive to the runner’s needs when it comes to flexibility.
Asics Gel Exalt 3 size and fit
The Asics Gel Exalt 3 is true to its size. It follows the regular measurements when it comes to shoe-length. It is available in a standard width, so runners with medium-sized feet can acclimate well to it when wearing it. Its semi-curved shape accommodates the natural curvature of the human foot.
The AHAR® or the Asics High Abrasion Resistant Rubber is a layer of protection that’s made from carbon rubber. Its durable nature allows it to protect the shoe from wear and tear. It also gives traction over the roads, so surface control is much more agreeable & responsive.
Deep flex grooves permit the platform to move in tandem with the runner’s own movements. It doesn’t restrict the foot from flexing, especially during the toe-off phase where it’s most efficient.
The SpEVa® is a full-length mid-sole foam that serves are the comfortable and plush part of the platform. It allows the foot to have some rebound properties, so each step becomes springier and more energized. It doesn’t break down easily, so it stays efficient even after many uses.
The DuoMax® Support System is a dual-density mid-sole material that’s placed in such a manner that it’s able to provide support & stability to the mid-foot. It reduces the rate of pronation of the foot, keeping it in a neutral position for a more comfortable and effective stride.
The Gel® Cushioning System is a silicon-based component that’s placed in the rear section of the Asics Gel Exalt 3. It handles the impact shock when landing the foot on the ground, so it keeps the foot free from strain during heel strikes.
A Trusstic System® is a mid-foot foundation that maintains the structural integrity of the shoe. It also supports the arch, so the running gait remains smooth and efficient.
A breathable mesh material serves as the main upper covering unit of the Asics Gel Exalt 3. It’s constructed durably and openly, so ventilation is consistent while its structure is maintained, even after many uses.
Synthetic overlays are stitched onto the mesh material, so they stay intact and certain in delivering reliable security. Working with the lacing system, they cause the upper unit to follow the tightening and loosening of the shoelaces, making the fit more customizable.
The padded tongue and collar hold the foot in place from the entryway. They even prevent any accidental shoe removal while also keeping the foot comfortable and secure when wearing the Asics Gel Exalt 3.