|Base model:||Asics Gel Cumulus 18|
|Update:||Asics Gel Cumulus 21 GTX|
|Weight:||Men: 12.1oz | Women: 10.3oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 23mm | Women: 23mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 13mm | Women: 13mm|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Orange, Red, Silver|
- The Asics Gel Cumulus 18 GTX is a neutral running shoe that’s created for dry and wet weather conditions. It is made up of many high quality components and technologies, which allow the wearer to be comfortable and secure while tackling the roads. Visually, this version looks appealing, with its colorful façade and its eye-catching design.
- A seamless construction is used for the upper unit of the Asics Gel Cumulus 18 GTX. It’s an effective way to keep the wearer free from skin irritation. The interior sleeve is smooth, just like a sock. A two-layer memory foam is placed in the heel & collar, affording an individualized and customized fit.
- The upper unit also features the Gore-tex waterproof membrane, which makes the shoe more agreeable to wet conditions.
- The mid-sole unit contains a durable and reliable set of cushioning systems. These materials work together in order to provide a comfortable and consistent underfoot experience. A gel-like component absorbs impact shock during the landing phase, therefore preventing any discomfort during the running session.
- The foam material of the mid-sole unit is protected by the AHAR® or the Asics High Abrasion Resistant Rubber. It’s responsible for preventing wear and tear from affecting the structural integrity and efficacy of the platform. The forefoot area of the outsole showcases the DuraSponge®, which is a more responsive version of the AHAR®. It enhances cushioning and flexibility, while also providing protection and traction.
The Asics Gel Cumulus 18 GTX has a standard running shoe length. It comes in sizes that adhere to the regular measurements for men and women. The available width is medium. It accommodates runners who have medium sized feet. Its semi-curved shape actually follows the natural curve of the human foot.
The Asics High Abrasion Rubber or AHAR® is the protective element that prevents abrasive surfaces from affecting the integrity of the Asics Gel Cumulus 18 GTX’s foam unit. This outsole material is also used in the Asics Cumulus 20 and it is placed in areas that are more prone to wear and tear.
The DuraSponge® is made from blown rubber. It still functions like the AHAR® compound, but it also adds a bit of cushioning to the forefoot area, where it is placed. Because this material isn’t stiff, the foot’s capability to flex doesn’t become stunted.
Flex grooves allow the runner to move more naturally with each step. The toe-off phase largely benefits from these horizontal indentations in the outsole because it is the part of the gait cycle where the foot bends the most.
The FluidRide® is a full-length foam unit that’s responsible for providing a responsive underfoot experience. It doesn’t have a heavy weight, so it won’t weigh down the foot. Also, it doesn’t easily succumb to the weight of the wearer or break down from continued use.
The front and rear sections of the mid-sole have the Gel® Cushioning System, which is a silicon-based material that’s responsible for absorbing impact shock during the landing phase. Striking the foot on the ground becomes much easier because of such a technology.
The Guidance Trusstic System® is a lightweight add-on in the mid-foot area of the Asics Gel Cumulus 18 GTX. It provides torsional rigidity, which, in turn, facilitates easier and smoother heel-to-toe transitions.
A vertical flex groove called the Guidance Line® leads the foot towards an efficient running gait without sacrificing its natural movement capability.
The ComforDry™ Sock Liner adds a bit more cushioning to the foot. It also manages moisture, thus keeping the foot-chamber dry and free from odor.
The GORE-TEX® technology is utilized in the Asics Gel Cumulus 18 GTX. It protects the interior fabrics—and the foot—from water infiltration. Though it has a waterproof capability, it is still breathable.
The seamless construction of this Asics running footwear ensures irritation-free running experiences for the runner.
The Personal Heel Fit or PHF employs a two-layer memory foam lining, which follows the contours of the individual’s foot. Basically, it prevents the collar and the heel of the shoe from feeling tight or restrictive. Instead, a customized coverage is given to the runner.