Asics Gel Course Duo BOA: Asics successful attempt at golf
Who is it for? The attributes of the shoe work well for the following golfers:
- Existing Asics fans who want to try out a reputable brand on the greens
- Golfers who want to experience the convenience of a BOA lacing dial
- Those needing extra grip on steep courses
Asics Gel Course Duo BOA Highlights:
- BOA lacing system. Unlike traditional lace-ups, it gives fast and precise micro-adjustments by merely turning the dial.
- Comfort cushioning. The Gel Course DUO BOA uses a combination of two cushioning systems. First is the brand's signature FlyteFoam, which claims to be 55% lighter than industry standards. It is known not only for its durability but its shock-absorbing properties as well. Second is the rearfoot GEL cushioning which boasts of impact absorption to allow smoother foot transitions.
- Spiked bottom. Like soccer shoes, the bottom of these is treated with Firm Ground (FG) outsole to bring maximum traction and stability designed for greens. The seven spikes are also positioned on areas where it is needed to make each swing stable.
- Spikeless counterpart. Along with the release of this piece, Asics and Srixon also released the Asics Gel-Course Glide, a spikeless silhouette.
- Professional endorsement. This item was worn by Japanese pro golfer Hideki Matsuyama during the 2019 PGA Tour.