Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
Cross-trainingMulti-purpose training shoes which can be used for a wide variety of exercises. See *cross-training shoes*
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 11ozWomen: 13oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
WidthMen: X-Wide, Normal, WideWomen: Normal, Wide
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Asics Gel 195TR is a classic cross-training shoe that’s built to deliver comfort and support for those who want to explore a diverse range of fitness training exercises. It is made to accommodate different foot sizes, hence the multiple width options.
- It has been revamped and now features a new leather-and-mesh upper for added comfort, support, and protection. It is also accentuated with the reflective 3M Scotchlite overlays for enhanced visibility in low lighting conditions.
- The midsole of this model features multiple layers of technologies. The proprietary DuoMax Support System is a dual-density support system that increases the platform’s stability. The SpEVAFoam maximizes the bounce back while at the same time reduces midsole breakdown.
- Another added feature is the rearfoot Gel Technology cushioning system that enhances shock absorption and facilitates a smooth heel-to-toe-off transition.
- The outsole sports the Asics High Abrasion Rubber, or AHAR, which is a tough compound that does not quickly get worn down. It also features the Trusstic System technology that reinforces the middle of the sole unit to prevent twisting.
The Asics Gel 195TR has versions for both men and women. It follows standard cross training shoe sizing when it comes to length. The width options are D - Medium, 2E - Wide, and 4E - Extra Wide for Men and B - Medium, D - Wide, and 2E - Extra Wide for Women.
The AHAR rubber covers the midsole and protects it from the potentially aggressive nature of various surfaces. It also provides traction, which is vital during multidirectional movements.
Flex grooves are present in the forefoot area. They allow the foot to move more naturally through the gait cycle.
The Trusstic System technology reinforces the midfoot of the Asics Gel 195TR’s outsole. It prevents excessive twisting of the platform that could hinder the overall stability of the shoe.
The Asics Gel 195TR has a midsole crafted from SpEVAFoam, a material that aims to improve the platform’s bounciness and durability. The shoe also employs a dual-density cushioning through its strategically placed DuoMax Support System. This high-density EVA material promotes natural foot movement and reduces stress caused by overpronation.
The heel section features the silicon-based GEL Cushioning System. It is designed to absorb shock during high-impact movements. It also allows for a more seamless midstance transition.
The main components of the Asics Gel 195TR’s upper are leather and mesh for optimal protection, comfort, and support during workouts. A breathable mesh lines the interior of the upper and offers a soft and smooth in-shoe feel for the person. It allows hot air to dissipate to maintain a cool and dry environment.
The traditional lacing system adjusts the fit to accommodate the natural preference of the wearer. The lightly padded tongue evenly spreads the pressure created by the laces to keep the instep comfortable at all times.
The rear section features a plush collar that holds the foot in place and prevents it from wobbling during workouts. The heel counter also keeps the foot steady to prevent slippage. The exterior portion of the shoe features reflective 3M Scotchlite overlays that bounce the light back, which allow them to be visible in low-lighting conditions.