Updates to Asics Gel 190 TR
- Asics crafted the Gel 190 TR to serve as an all-around shoe for everyday training. Packed with a host of technologies, it aims to provide a comfortable and supportive ride.
- The upper unit abounds with various synthetic overlays for structure. The full lace-up closure offers a customizable lockdown.
- The midsole unit features the Trusstic System and the DuoMax Support System. They aim to prevent the foot from overpronating and keep it in place during lateral movement.
- The SpEVA material is used in the midsole unit. It is responsible for the cushioning and shock-absorbing capabilities of the shoe.
- The Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System is added in the heel section. It attenuates shock throughout the workout.
- The outsole unit employs the Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR). It is designed to provide durable protection.
Size and fit
The Asics Gel 190 TR offers a range of full and half sizes for both men and women. Lengthwise, the shoe runs true to the sizing scheme. People with various foot dimensions will be able to benefit from the product as it is available in a variety of width profiles: D – Medium and 4E – Extra Wide for men, and B – Medium and 2E – Extra Wide for women.
The AHAR makes up the outsole unit of this Asics workout shoe. It is claimed to be two times more resistant to abrasion than the regular rubber. It’s also designed to provide reliable traction on the surfaces.
The rubber material gets more robust in the heel section owing to the AHARPLUS, which has an even higher durability potential than the standard components, according to the brand’s website.
The flex grooves in the forefoot allow for relaxed foot flexion and a natural stride.
The Asics Gel 190 TR employs two technologies to ensure stability for the foot. The Trusstic System® in the midfoot retains the structural integrity of the shoe by preventing it from excessive twisting.
The DuoMax Support System is a dual-density component in the midfoot section. It forms a supportive platform to prevent the foot from rolling inward (overpronating).
The shoe relies on the brand’s own SpEVA material for cushioning and shock attenuation. It is composed of the EVA foam for shock absorption and a rubber constituent for improved rebound properties. It also decreases the midsole breakdown over time.
The heel section receives a more generous padding with the Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System. Its purpose is to attenuate shock, allowing for a smoother transition to midstance.
The Gel 190 TR combines a breathable mesh cover with an abundance of synthetic overlays for a structured, yet breathable support. The rear is reinforced with multiple synthetic layers for the maximum steadiness.
The trainer features a full lace-up closure to keep the foot securely in place. It has an extra pair of eyelets on the collar that helps in achieving an optimum fit.