Who should buy the Ariat Skyline Slip-On
The Ariat Skyline Slip-On is engineered for outdoor performance. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers a good amount of protection against the elements.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides multidirectional lugs for grip and traction on varying terrain
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers a cushioned and supportive platform for the foot.
Ariat Skyline Slip-On notable features
- Offering a good amount of protection against the elements, this slip-on shoe from Ariat comes with a durable upper made of suede and mesh.
- The dual-density Duratread outsole features multidirectional lugs for grip and traction on varying terrain. This heavy-duty sole is also oil and slip-resistant.
- This shoe integrates the ATS technology in its footbed that creates a cushioned and supportive platform for the foot. Meanwhile, the Tec-Tuff technology protects the toe area against scuffs and abrasions.
Size and fit
This low-cut hiker from Ariat has sizes available for men and women. It has a slip-on design which makes it easy to wear and take it off. The collar and tongue are lightly padded for comfort and support while enabling freedom of movement. And even if it doesn't have a lacing system, getting the right size lets the wearer achieve a snug fit.
Long-wearing and highly slip-resistant thanks to Duratread by Ariat
The Duratread is an exclusive outsole design by Ariat that features multidirectional lugs. It's made with a quality rubber compound that is long-wearing and highly slip-resistant.
Ensures traction on varying surfaces
Another thing, this sole is very flexible, thus, promoting ergonomic performance. Furthermore, its aggressive tread design ensures good traction on varying surfaces.
Absorbs shock and reducing impact by EVA
For the midsole, this shoe features EVA - a heavy-duty synthetic foam that does a great job at absorbing shock and reducing impact. This material is also very lightweight, which makes it an ideal choice for performance footwear. Hiking shoes with EVA midsoles tend to be much lighter than those that use PU, rubber, or other cushioning materials.
Excellent support and stability
Additionally, the Skyline Slip-On comes with a gel-cushioned footbed with a heel stabilizer that provides support, rebound, and stability. This removable insole is also moisture-wicking, helping the foot stay cool and comfortable during hikes.
This model combines suede and mesh fabric for the upper. Suede is a type of leather with a softer, velvety texture that is very appealing. It is also more durable and tough than cloth fabrics.
Provides protection against wear and abrasion
While leather offers great protection against the elements, it can be a little too warm in exceedingly hot days.