|Base model:||Altra Lone Peak 4.0|
|Weight:||Men: 12.3oz | Women: 10.3oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 0mm | Women: 0mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 25mm | Women: 25mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 25mm | Women: 25mm|
|Release date:||Aug 2018|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy | Low drop | Zero drop|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Green, Red|
- Crafted to be a trail running shoe, the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid Mesh is specifically-designed for those who have neutral foot mechanism. The shoe features several updates to satisfy runners who want to take their activities to the next level.
- The new upper of the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid Mesh utilizes a better-integrated tongue unit. This component aims to improve the shoe’s drainage capacity. It has the ability to wick and absorb moisture during the running session, making the foot fresher and drier.
- The shoe has an updated outsole which is described to be more aggressive compared to the previous model. It features a carved out lug design and an improve TrailClaw traction. This improvement aims to provide better traction on wide variety of surfaces.
- The trail rudder is integrated into the footwear. This feature of the shoe offers additional stability on challenging and uneven trail surfaces.
- The stone guard now has a more anatomical design to enhance flexibility.
When it comes to the size of the Lone Peak 4.0, runners must buy one size larger than standard running shoe length. The snug upper is sure to provide a better lockdown in the midfoot section. It has a medium fit in the heel and the toe box has enough wiggle room for comfort and added stability.
Integrated into the outsole of the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid Mesh is the MaxTrac. This anatomically-shaped sticky material is used in the making of this rubber. The purpose of which is to deliver the right amount of grip that is needed in the running activity. It also provides additional durability to withstand challenging and uneven terrains.
A recycled material called A-Bound is used in the making of the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid Mesh. This environmentally friendly midsole compound aims to deliver a more resilient underfoot feel and protection.
The EVA midsole foam is utilized in crafting the shoe. Altra added this feature to provide a more durable cushioning system. As a result, a more comfortable ride is experienced by the user.
Integrated into the footwear is the Natural Ride System or also called the NRS. This design includes a metatarsal-specific shape in the outsole area, zero millimeter heel to toe drop as well as a foot-shaped and more natural last. This design is essential in assisting proper foot mechanic. It is also significant in allowing the foot to move freely and naturally.
The Natural Foot Design is used in the shoe. This component of the Altra 4.0 Mid Mesh follows the natural curvature of the foot. As a result, maximum comfort is provided to the user during the running session.
A grooved TPU layer called the Stone Guard is featured in the shoe. The main responsibility of this flexible layer is to disperse impact shock effectively. It is also meant to protect the foot from possible injury and rock-bruising.
Underfoot protection is encouraged by the 5mm Contour Footbed. This material is utilized in the footwear to provide additional comfort during the running activity.
A Quick Dry Trail Mesh is used in the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Mid Mesh. The goal of which is to provide optimal protection to the foot. It also offers breathability which results in a healthier and fresher foot chamber. Along with the Quick Dry Trail Mesh are the updated stitches to reinforce a more secure and improved fit.
The Heel Claw construction is integrated into the footwear. It is focused on providing a snugger fit around the heel area. As a result, added support is encouraged throughout the short and long-distance runs.
Featured in the upper section is the 4-point GaiterTrap. This material utilizes a hook-and-loop tab to allow easy donning of the gaiter.