|Base model:||Altra Lone Peak 3.0|
|Weight:||Men: 10oz | Women: 8.3oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 0mm | Women: 0mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 25mm | Women: 25mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 25mm | Women: 25mm|
|Type:||Low drop | Zero drop|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Green, Grey|
|Special editions:||1 special editions|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Now the temperature has dropped below zero the Lone Peak 3.0 Neoshell Low’s are the shoes I pull out first. They have a snug, warm feeling and at these tough winter temperatures and below I don’t get wet socks.
- The Altra shoe features several interesting technologies in its design for enhanced durability, better comfortability and higher responsiveness. The A-Bound, Stone Guard and the EVA layer in the midsole provide a comfort level that cannot be easily beaten. Each material is incorporated to yield a high quality cushioning and a greater energy return while out on the challenging trails.
- The Natural Ride System (NRS) design, as the name implies, allows fast transitioning of feet from toe-off to landing position and vice versa.
- The sticky rubber, with an intelligent multi-directional pattern and lugs in the forefoot region, provides an unparalleled traction level on wet surfaces. The material is also very durable which enables the shoe to perform well on tricky terrains.
- The Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Neoshell Low uses the Quick Dry Trail Mesh technology in its upper for optimal breathability and maximum protection. The shoe also has the Polartec Neoshell and the Drilex lining, which behave as a barrier against moisture and keep the user’s feet amazingly dry and cool during long running sessions or workouts.
- For further comfortability and an even better fit and support for the neutral runners, there is the heel claw and then the Velcro Gaiter Attachment at the heel. These features provide enhanced protection during runs. The matching gaiter for each pair of shoe is sold separately.
The Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Neoshell Low has a standard length; it runs true to size. It comes in the standard medium width of D and B for men and women respectively.
The NeoShell low-cut version of the Lone Peak 3.0 utilizes the TrailClaw Outsole—a sticky rubber with high durability and excellent gripping properties on trails.
It also has lugs and a multi-directional pattern on it, which further enhance the traction and the shoe’s performance on various challenging surfaces.
The Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Neoshell Low boasts an environmentally friendly technology called the ‘A-Bound’ in its midsole. This material has the capability of turning high impact loads into forward thrusts through its efficient energy return.
The shoe also utilizes the EVA midsole for higher comfortability and better responsiveness during longer runs and faster sprints.
Another interesting feature is the Natural Ride System (NRS) design. It consists of a zero-millimeter heel-to-toe drop, a natural foot-shaped insole and the metatarsal bones-shaped outsole, which allow for an inherent stride. It assumes the shape of the foot for maximum comfort and high easiness in following the natural movements during longer and shorter runs.
The midsole also has the grooved TPU layer, the Stone Guard, which adds to the shoe’s durability. Also, being very flexible and responsive in nature, it spreads the impact load over the whole layer, thereby enhancing resilience and the damping properties of the midsole.
The Quick Dry Trail Mesh is an optimal combination of comfortability, breathability and protection. The material ensures a well-ventilated environment inside the shoe while giving a seamless feel and a snug fit to the users.
The shoe also features a Polartec Neoshell lining in its upper for high resistance to weather. The technology possesses high durability; it keeps the runner’s feet dry and cool while out on the trails.
The Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Neoshell Low houses the heel claw construction for a comfortable snug fit. This setup also provides support to the neutral-feet users during their runs.
The Drilex lining is an additional technology which ensures instant dry and cooling of feet in wet conditions.
The GaiterTrapTM Attachment at the heel assists in easily wearing the gaiter. The matching gaiter with each pair is sold separately.
Last but not the least; the shoe uses the 5 mm Contour Footbed in its design for additional protection of feet and an enhanced feel of comfortability.