Who should buy the Aku Trekker Pro GTX
Ideal for excursions in moderately challenging terrains, the Aku Trekker Pro GTX has captured the hearts of experienced hikers for its strong grip, support, and waterproof qualities. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that protects against external moisture and the Aku Exoskeleton midsole for added stability, support, and protection.
- Prefer a hiking boot that is specially engineered fabric that adds breathability to the shoe.
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps lower fatigue by distributing foot pressure when walking.
Updates to Aku Trekker Pro GTX
- The Trekker Pro GTX is the new and improved version of the Aku Trekker Lite II. Its special features include GORE-TEX Performance Comfort that protects against external moisture and the Aku Exoskeleton midsole for added stability, support, and protection.
- This trekking boot is equipped with the AIR8000, a specially engineered fabric that adds breathability to the shoe.
- Another notable feature of the Trekker Pro GTX is the Elica Natural Stride System that helps lower fatigue by distributing foot pressure when walking.
Size and fit
The Aku Trekker Pro GTX is a mid-cut hiking boot designed for men and women. Since it’s made of leather upper, it needs to be broken in so it fits comfortably. Also, this hiking footwear makes use of a lace-up closure for a custom fit.
Slip-resistant and waterproof
Like other premium Aku boots, the Trekker Pro GTX is made with a Vibram outsole. This brand is known for its long-lasting performance on the trail. Vibram soles are also slip-resistant and waterproof, which makes them ideal for various types of terrain.
Excellent grip performance
Vibram Curcuma is one of the many Vibram outsole models characterized by a large contact toe for grip performance, engraved shank for increased traction on uneven ground, undercut heel for a more efficient downhill break, and toe bumper for protection and grip.
Provides ample protection
The deep treads shed mud and debris efficiently while maintaining a good degree of grip, even on the muddiest terrain. This boot also incorporates ample protection in the toe area which is highly needed when traversing challenging trails.
Excellent support and stability
The midsole is made of two layers. The first layer is a soft cushioned EVA foam under the toe that reduces impact and propulsion or the “push”. The second layer is a harder material for support and stability.
What’s unique about the Trekker Pro GTX is the Aku Exoskeleton. It consists of an outer skeleton with an asymmetrical structure that is made from light polyurethane that goes up to the rear area of the shoe. This technology is meant to provide support and pronation control. Furthermore, the boot comes with a soft custom-fit footbed that has a straight cut for freedom of movement.
Long-lasting protection against the elements
The upper is made from a combination of suede and welded PU for long-lasting protection against the elements.
It is also equipped with Air 8000, an exclusive technology that adds breathability to the footwear. According to Aku, its breathability level increases over a period of 24 hours.