Who should buy the Aku Slope GTX
Aku’s Slope GTX is working its way to the hearts of backpackers through its set of fine features. It might benefit you if:
- You are looking for a well-ventilated shoe to keep your feet stay fresh and cool.
- A backpacking boot grippy enough to prevent slips and falls is what you are after.
- You prefer a hiking companion that would not tire your feet down with its weight.
Who should not buy the Aku Slope GTX
Take the Aku Slope GTX off your choice list if you are after hiking boots suitable for grade 3 scrambles. An expert reviewer said that he would not be confident wearing the boots for that. Also, wide-footed wearers may not be comfortable with the width dimension of the shoe's forefoot section. They are better off with the Oboz Sawtooth II Mid.
Updates to Aku Slope GTX
- A long-standing backpacking boot from Aku, the Slope GTX is ready for treks in easy-to-moderate terrain. Its upper wears a suede leather partnered with the brand’s very own breathable Air 8000 fabric. It is lined with a full Gore-Tex bootie to make it weatherproof.
- It employs a bi-density ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole for lightweight cushioning. It works with a lasting board and Custom Fit insole which grants underfoot rigidity and comfort, respectively. Its Vibram Erica Everest outsole makes it grip on most types of terrain.
This boot is shaped using the Anatomical Fit last which aims to provide stability on bumpy grounds.
It has a traditional lace-up closure which enables hikers to personalize the overall fit and volume.
The brand’s engineers equipped the Slope GTX with a Vibram outsole called the Erica Everest. The protrusions on the side of the sole grant stability and grip on uneven terrain. The studs at the center are designed to offer multidirectional traction.
This high-cut leather hiking boot employs a dual-density die-cut EVA midsole. It cushions each step without the added weight on the user’s foot. A lasting board made of 4-2 mm Texon and TPU yields underfoot flexibility.
A Custom Fit insole, on the other hand, enhances shock absorption and manages moisture for a more comfortable environment.
The Aku Slope GTX uses durable Italian suede leather for its upper. It is combined with an Air 8000 fabric (1.6 mm) which makes the boot lightweight and extra breathable. Underneath these materials is a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort lining which gives a modest amount of insulation, prevents water intrusion, and expels moisture out.
Its tongue and collar are cushioned which enhances comfort. Also, to manage fit, its lacing system uses metal D-rings, speed hooks, and flat lace.