Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The presence of the one-piece Primeknit upper provides a snug, sock-like fit. It offers a seamless knitted upper that wraps the foot comfortably, especially for narrow-footed users and users with medium foot measurement. It is available in both men’s and women’s sizes.
With its contemporary look, the Adidas ZX Flux Primeknit is a modern addition to the Adidas ZX line. It has a refined design that matches to the on-trend streetwear style. This shoe matches well with almost any casual and fashionable outfit.
The Primeknit treatment makes the ZX Flux Primeknit stand out as this is the first time a member of the ZX series received a knit upper. Adidas wanted to make the shoe even more versatile with the introduction of this upper material. There is more of a sock-like feel, freedom of movement, and comfort without completely doing away with the support that the ZX series is known for.
The 80s was such a huge and important time in the history of most brands who were looking to make a bigger impact in performance footwear. For Adidas, one of its biggest contributions to this category was the Adidas ZX series.
It all started with the ZX 500, which was made available to the public originally in 1984. It was followed by the ZX 600, ZX 700, and finally the ZX 800, which is the closest to what the ZX Flux offers to this day. The ZX 8000 was also the first shoe to feature the classic Torsion System technology.
Adidas came up with the idea of blending the glory of the past with some of today’s most advanced technologies. Hence, the Adidas ZX Flux was born. The introduction of this shoe helped change the view of Adidas fans that somehow there is very little that separates technology and performance to lifestyle when the right design and innovation are used.
A little after the ZX Flux was introduced, some changes were also introduced. Adidas subsequently ramped up the shoe’s appeal by using its latest upper technology in the Primeknit. Adidas made some improvements on the ZX Flux Primeknit to cater to the needs of the modern sneakerheads. There is excellent breathability and flexibility without losing too much of the needed hold and support.
- Aside from the flexible and breathable Primeknit upper and the famous welded TPU 3-Stripes, the Adidas ZX Flux Primeknit also features the classic Torsion System technology that is designed for midfoot integrity.
- The welded TPU 3-Stripes act as part of the upper support.
- The stitched on suede heel cage helps keep the foot in place, particularly when running or doing workouts.
- An Ortholite sockliner adds a little more cushioning plus anti-microbial properties for a healthy interior.
- The shoe also uses an injected EVA midsole for a lightweight, durable cushioning and a rubber outsole material for reliable traction.
- A heel loop allows ease of entry and exit for those who are regularly on the go.