Good to know
The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost v2 Zebra is available in men's sizes in D Medium width. The slip-on construction in a Primeknit upper material could give a really snug fit, especially in the toe box. However, there is a pull tab on the heel to make slipping into each shoe much easier. The knitted upper conforms to the foot and gives a sock-like fit. Support is minimal.
Considering its striking black and white stripes Primeknit upper, the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra can be the standout piece of any outfit. Though it may not look good if worn with printed clothing, one can easily rock these kicks out and turn heads anywhere. Sport it with dark jeans, joggers, or shorts and your look is complete.
Even non-sneakerheads would probably need just one look to distinguish the Adidas Yeezy Boost V2 Zebra apart from the other sneakers including other Yeezy models. Its Primeknit upper has a striking zebra print, black and white pattern with the red SPLY 350 branding visible on the side panels. Also, there is the iconic middle stitching at the center of the shoe from the toe box to the tongue, just like in any other Yeezy Boost 350 models. Another interesting thing to note is that it glows under a UV light.
When Kanye West ended his five-year partnership with Nike in 2013, he signed a $10 million deal with Adidas. Unlike Nike, Adidas offered him full creative control on the shoes and a percentage of all royalties. This collaboration gave birth to one of the most popular sneaker lines today - the Adidas Yeezy line.
The first Adidas Yeezy sneaker dropped in 2015 through the Adidas Yeezy Boost 750. The Yeezy Boost 350 followed, which was initially released in three colorways (the Turtledove, the Pirate Black, and the Moonrock) at $200 retail price. The Yeezy Boost 350 has a low-cut silhouette, a Primeknit upper, and a Boost sole.
The following year, the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 came into the spotlight. It is an upgraded version of the original Yeezy Boost 350, but its low-cut structure is somehow higher than that in the original. The Primeknit upper received a contrasting stripe that reads "SPLY-350", while the Boost unit is relatively larger. Since its initial release in several colorways (Beluga, Red, Copper, Green, Black/White, Core Black/Red), it has been one of the highly popular Yeezy models up to this day.
In early 2017, two more colorways of the Yeezy Boost 350 V2 were launched, the Zebra and the Cream White. The Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra features a Primeknit upper in white and core black colors with a red SPLY 350 script along the sides. It also exhibits a translucent white midsole, and a full-length Boost sole. The release was highly anticipated as there were several reports early on that it will be a very limited release. In fact, it was only sold via select Adidas flagship stores and on the brand's official website. As a result, its resale price exceptionally increased for a short period of time.
Then in June 2017, Adidas announced that they will be restocking the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra. Unlike the initial release, the second release was not a limited run as it also involved third-party retailers. This move resulted in a decline in its resale price.
- Several celebrities have been spotted sporting these kicks such as Victoria Beckham, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Justin Bieber, DJ Envy, and more.
- The Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Zebra is the first sneaker in its line to have a white midsole. The back part of the midsole bears a noticeable cream to yellow color.
- The outsole of this shoe bears few Boost windows along with seven dots in a cross configuration. On some releases, though, the seven dots are presented in a straight line.
- The word “Boost” is engraved in the heel area of the outsole, while the “Adidas” branding and the Trefoil logo can be found towards the tip part.
- On the inner side of the heel down towards the midsole can be found the three stripes branding that glows under a UV light.
- The ankle collar is well-padded for added comfort.
- The shoe also bears a white removable insole with the Adidas Yeezy branding.