Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are running shoe geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost v2 History
What happens when a legendary brand like Adidas teams up with a multi-talented celebrity? You can definitely expect this collaboration to be explosive. In the year 2014, Adidas, a brand that has always been at the forefront of footwear technology, agreed to have a long-term partnership with recording artist, songwriter, producer and now fashion designer Kanye West.
Prior to this, West has already designed shoes for other fashion icons and global brands, Nike included. His partnership with Nike, although fruitful had to end prematurely because of the brand’s inability to grant him royalties. Adidas, however, was happy to grant his request and welcomed him on board.
Interestingly, back in 2006, West designed a shoe for Adidas but it never came out. Nonetheless, West now has the opportunity to show off his creativity through his new line, popularly known as the Yeezys.
Over two years have passed, and this collaboration’s line maintains its iconic status. Every footwear they put on the market is sold out instantly. As of June 2017, six models have already been released including the Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost. This silhouette was originally launched on June 27, 2015. It was the second shoe that was released in this collaboration.
The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost v2 made its first appearance in the Yeezys Season 3 show and was released on September 24, 2016. This version, compared to its predecessor, had a bigger Boost sole and a higher cut. It is also popular for the SPLY-350 wordmark that is written along the shoe’s lateral side.
The brand, in response to the public’s demand to make this more available, increased this model's production numbers. In spite of the significant increase, the Yeezy 350 Boost v2 is still hard to obtain. Fans have to endure long wait times, whether they’re buying online or in brick and mortar stores, just to get a pair.
Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost v2 Style
This iconic shoe is available in a wide array of visually-attractive color schemes. Neutral-toned models accented by a rich colored stripe as well as the monochromatic Cream White edition are considered versatile since it matches well with various kinds of outfits. The brightly-colored versions, on the other hand, pops when paired with simple casual or sporty clothing.
To top it off, this shoe, with its soft upper and well-cushioned sole, both undeniably lightweight, provides sufficient comfort that lasts. This makes the Yeezy 350 Boost v2 a reliable lifestyle sneaker that can be worn for night outs, traveling and more.
Fit & Sizing
Made with a thick, one-piece Primeknit upper, expect this shoe’s breathable and stretchy fabric to expand and mold to your feet’s shape. Although it will give a sock-like fit, the interior caging system found below the PK material in the forefront of the shoe gives the Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost v2 a structured shape as well as dependable support.
Men’s and women’s models are available, both commonly running true to size. Men’s sizes range from 4-14 while women’s sizes range from 5-9.5.
Sneakerheads worldwide will recognize this shoe instantly for the SPLY-350 callout written across its lateral side. How this wordmark is written on the shoe, however, varies, depending on the colorway.
Moreover, the Yeezy 350 Boost v2 is also noticed for its aggressively-shaped rubber outsole. This is translucent, flexible and durable. It also has windows to reveal the full-length Boost midsole encased inside it. The Boost provides energy-returning and responsive cushioning.
- The SPLY-350 wordmark is written normally on both shoes of the Beluga colorway. The Red, Copper and Green colorways, on the other hand, have the SPLY-350 written backward on the right shoe. This callout, however, is written backward on both the right and left shoe of the Zebra and BRED colorways. The Cream-White version of this model also has this word written on its lateral side but it is barely noticeable.
- The Yeezy 350 Boost v2 BRED colorway does not show any stripe running across its lateral side.
- For a secure and snug fit, the lace-up closure is added. The rope laces on this model go through the Primeknit upper.
- The collar’s cut gives the shoe a snug yet comfortable fit while providing the ankle enough room for movement.
- The addition of removable insoles and padding on the ankle and heel area improves the shoe’s comfort level.
- Extra heel pull tab is added on some colorways for easier slip on and off.
- Patches of suede material line the interior of the tongue. These acts as support and reinforcement for the lacing system.
- Other distinguishable features are the Boost and Adidas logo on the shoe’s sole. The former is engraved on the Yeezy 350 Boost v2’s heel while the latter is engraved on the tip of the undersole’s front.
- The heel's interior shows the iconic three stripes in 3M material for visibility at night.
- Subtle three stripes can also be seen in the rearfoot boost midsole.
- Resale value of this model ranges from $750-$1250.