Review coming soon
Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers has just been released by Adidas. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers was launched as part of the Energy Mode Pack which is the German brand’s collection for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. It is distinguished by its aggressive aesthetic and flashy decorations.
- This soccer cleat was built for speed and fashioned for street use. It is specially developed for soccer fanatics who are passionate about the sport and want to show their love by wearing it on the streets.
- The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers features a thin and lightweight upper. It provides enhanced breathability from the uncoated mesh material.
- It has an exclusive Clawcollar design that adds to the urban-appealing look of the shoe.
- A new feature found on the Adidas X Tango 18.1 TR is the Speed Closure System in the rear. It is engineered to provide the ultimate heel lockdown.
- Like other TR variations from Adidas, this soccer cleat also has a Boost midsole. This technology provides maximum responsiveness on street and asphalt surfaces.
- The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers has a rubber outsole that is made to withstand hard, concrete surfaces.
The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers is available in sizes 6.5 to 13.5 in men’s version only. It has an adjustable fit thanks to its lacing system. This casual-football shoe is recommended for users with narrow to slightly wide feet.
The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers uses a durable rubber outsole with a slightly dimpled surface. It is especially designed for outdoor streetwear.
A full-length Boost midsole is present in the Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers. This amazing technology is highly effective in increasing the shoe’s energy return and responsiveness against the hard, street surfaces.
The upper of the Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers uses a soft and thin material that allows a comfortable fit. Being kept fully uncoated, the upper material is effective in providing breathability that is suitable for all-day streetwear as well.
At the rear part of this soccer cleat, it has the Speed Closure System. This new technology is a bunch of speed laces that are weaved together through a cable-wire construction.
This soccer cleat has an offset lacing system similar to the firm ground (FG) variation, the Adidas X 18.1 FG. It creates a more locked-in feel.
The Adidas X Tango 18.1 TR sports a bright upper in varying shades of blue. The signature Three Stripes logo is found on the lateral side of the forefoot in a deeper blue tone. It has the iconic X logo in bright yellow at the back of the heel.
It comes with the signature Clawcollar design that is distinct to all 2018 Adidas X soccer cleats. Although the back part of the collar may appear higher than in the previous models, it is interesting to note that it does not stick up to the tendon.
- The Adidas X 18 series is worn by the likes of Bale, Marcelo, and Luis Suárez.
- This soccer cleat is also available in FG variation.