Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers was launched as part of the Energy Mode Pack which is the German brand’s collection for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. It is distinguished by its aggressive aesthetic and flashy decorations.
- This football boot was built for speed and fashioned for street use. It is specially developed for football fanatics who are passionate about the sport and want to show their love by wearing it on the streets.
- The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers features a thin and lightweight upper. It provides enhanced breathability from the uncoated mesh material.
- It has an exclusive Clawcollar design that adds to the urban-appealing look of the shoe.
- A new feature found on the Adidas X Tango 18.1 TR is the Speed Closure System in the rear. It is engineered to provide the ultimate heel lockdown.
- Like other TR variations from Adidas, this football boot also has a Boost midsole. This technology provides maximum responsiveness on street and asphalt surfaces.
- The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers has a rubber outsole that is made to withstand hard, concrete surfaces.
The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers is available in sizes 6.5 to 13.5 in men’s version only. It has an adjustable fit thanks to its lacing system. This casual-football shoe is recommended for users with narrow to slightly wide feet.
The Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers uses a durable rubber outsole with a slightly dimpled surface. It is especially designed for outdoor streetwear.
A full-length Boost midsole is present in the Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers. This amazing technology is highly effective in increasing the shoe’s energy return and responsiveness against the hard, street surfaces.
The upper of the Adidas X Tango 18.1 Trainers uses a soft and thin material that allows a comfortable fit. Being kept fully uncoated, the upper material is effective in providing breathability that is suitable for all-day streetwear as well.
At the rear part of this football boot, it has the Speed Closure System. This new technology is a bunch of speed laces that are weaved together through a cable-wire construction.
This football boot has an offset lacing system similar to the firm ground (FG) variation, the Adidas X 18.1 FG. It creates a more locked-in feel.
The Adidas X Tango 18.1 TR sports a bright upper in varying shades of blue. The signature Three Stripes logo is found on the lateral side of the forefoot in a deeper blue tone. It has the iconic X logo in bright yellow at the back of the heel.
It comes with the signature Clawcollar design that is distinct to all 2018 Adidas X football boots. Although the back part of the collar may appear higher than in the previous models, it is interesting to note that it does not stick up to the tendon.
- The Adidas X 18 series is worn by the likes of Bale, Marcelo, and Luis Suárez.
- This football boot is also available in FG variation.