Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas X Tango 17.4 Turf
- The turf version of the Adidas X Tango 17.4 is made to accelerate speed on short-piled artificial grass. Designed with a much simpler aesthetic than its predecessor, this football boot still does not fall short of agility-optimizing features. For one, its Chaos Feel upper is engineered to bring flexible and comfortable fit for foot width of all types. The high-quality stretchable fit of the upper aids in fast-paced motion on turf fields and ball touch.
- The Adidas X Tango 17.4 has a low top design that is built to be much lighter than its predecessors which were made with high top and mid top features. It also gives more freedom of movement to the ankles and the lower leg.
- The outsole of this turf football boot features multiple circular knobs targeted to increase grip on synthetic playgrounds. It is made of hardwearing rubber to ensure durability and ground control.
Fit and Sizing
The Adidas X Tango 17.4 Turf is available in standard sizes for men. It is highly recommended to get a half size up when purchasing this pair. The upper offers a flexible fit width-wise and can therefore be suitable even for the wide-footed. The fit can also be customized with the central lace-up closure.
Similar to its indoor version, the Adidas X Tango 17.4 Turf is created with a Chaos Feel upper. This upper technology is engineered to bring a stretchable comfort that can cater even the wide-footed players.
With its low-cut design, this football boot assures of more freedom during fast-paced moments on the turf pitch. Adding to its comfort appeal is the lace-up closure positioned on the center of the shoe.
The outsole of the Adidas X Tango 17.4 is designed much simpler than its high-end counterpart, the X Tango 17+. Multiple circular knobs are laid out from the forefoot to the heel. Its dense arrangement assure of controlled grip suited for a turf pitch.
- This football boot has an indoor variation, the Adidas X Tango 17.4 Indoor.
- It is available in the following colorways: Tactile Gold Mettalic-Core Black-Solar Red, Solar Yellow-Legend Ink, White-Energy Blue-Clear Grey, Black-Solar Red-Solar Orange.
- The face of this collection is Luis Suarez.