Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas X, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Features of the Adidas X Tango 17.3 Turf
- The Adidas X Tango 17.3 Turf utilizes a Techfit compression technology in its upper. It creates a fit that molds to the form of the foot the instant it slips on the boot. The result is unmatched fit and comfort that needs no wear in time.
- This football boot is equipped with a central lacing system similar to that found on the Predator 19.1 Trainers. This feature gives wearers the option of a customizable fit that allow them to adjust the shoe’s tightness.
- Another feature on the boot is the X heel lining on its inner construction. The lining provides necessary underfoot cushioning to allow ease of movement. Moreover, it also provides stability as it keeps the boot locked on the foot during quick changes of direction.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas X Tango 17.3 Turf comes in the standard sizes for men. In terms of fit, the boot offers a sock-like wrap around the foot as it utilizes the Techfit compression technology on its mid-cut design. Although it gives excellent comfort, the boot runs a bit small. Individuals with wider feet may find the fit to be rather tight.
The boot wears a rubber outsole that is fitted with small nubs to provide outstanding traction on turf surfaces. It also provides the right amount of grip for high-speed moves on the pitch.
The outsole is well-complemented by the midsole construction that utilizes the X heel lining. The lining provides the needed stability during direction changes, increasing the football boot's responsiveness.
The upper configuration of the Adidas X Tango 17.3 Turf highlights the Techfit compression technology. It allows the boot to sculpt perfectly to the foot for a sock-like sensation. Moreover, this feature ensures comfort the moment the boots are worn and requires no amount of break-in period.
The upper also utilizes lightweight and durable knit material in its design. It helps bring a more natural movement for the foot as well as a closer touch on the ball. The result is improved ball control to help execute plays effectively.
The midfoot features a central lace-up closure to facilitate fit. Its mid-cut design, on the other hand, improves the football boot's stability.
- The football boot weighs 266 grams.
- It also comes in a firm ground variation, the Adidas X 17.3 Firm Ground.