Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
CollectionAdidas X, Adidas Tango
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
- Break-in time is guaranteed to be comfortable with this turf shoe’s Techfit compression and Knit upper. Both of these components allow the feet to smoothly slip into with a laceless system by conforming to its shape, giving that barefoot feel. This construction is totally in contrast with the weave-like upper skeleton in X 18 collection seen in football boots such as the Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground.
- Adaptive, sock-like design provided by PureCut forefoot. True to its name, speed is certainly insured with this minimal overall design. Less means more with this shoe.
- The X Tango 17+ PureSpeed Turf is coated with NSG (Non-stop Grip) material. This revolutionary Adidas technology serves two functions. First, it acts as a protective layer for any type of weather conditions. Secondly, the textured dotted-pattern aids in ball drills. It aims to smoothen instantaneous feet movements especially when controlling the ball. Thus, strike zone is sure to be clean. On top of this, this mid-cut turf shoe is rimmed with X heel lining that offers stability even during rapid turns.
- The X Tango 17+ Firm Ground is designed with a laceless construction to further enhance the striking experience. This design is consistent with the updates in the collection even with the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground.
- With all these solid features, Adidas X Tango 17+ PureSpeed Turf just proves that when simple elements are combined with complex ones, explosive performance is achieved.
The sizes for the X Tango 17+ PureSpeed Turf ranges from 7 to 13 for men’s version only. Techfit compression offers a sock-like sensation in a laceless design. This technology is intended to give the foot that snug feel without spending so much time and discomfort during wear-in even for the wide-footed.
Rubber is always the best choice for turf outsoles and the X Tango 17+ PureSpeed’s outsole is no exception. It features an artsy outsole that looks like a web of conical studs. This structure is not just in for the looks but is built for optimum traction on turf.
The Adidas X Tango 17+ PureSpeed Turf is a mid-cut laceless turf shoe that is loaded with features that are intended to give the best lock-in feel. Techfit, for one, provides that layer of softness that hugs the foot snugly. This is the same type of technology applied on Adidas clothing. It is engineered to optimize foot performance as it follows the foot with every curve and action. This pliable material coupled with Knit aims to produce the feel that would go unnoticed, making foot movements even more natural.
Signature to the X-series is the S-curve heel design found in this turf shoe. It is not the typical mid-cut seen in other series but serves well as protection for the Achilles tendon.
The laceless style ensures no distraction between the ball and the foot. Consequently, striking and passing are expected to be clean.
The X Tango 17+ PureSpeed Turf is available in the following color options - Solar Yellow/ Legend Ink/ Legend Ink and Core Black/ Solar Red/ Solar Orange.