Who should buy the Adidas X 18.3 Firm Ground
This Adidas soccer cleat is a good match for you if:
- You want a shoe with a mesh-based upper for a lightweight feel
- You are after a soccer cleat with a Clawcollar design for security and stability when playing
Features of the Adidas X 18.3 Firm Ground
- As one of the low-tier models of the Adidas X 18 series, the Adidas X 18.3 Firm Ground soccer cleats pair comfort with affordability on the pitch. Sporting a dual-layered, mesh-based upper, the shoe is designed to bring breathability and flexibility.
- A special Clawcollar is also integrated into the shoe’s design. This collar type in a low top cleat secures the foot down with its sock-like construction. It creates stability and support during play. An asymmetrical lacing system further the cleat’s fit while making more space for the lateral strike zone.
- The outsole of this model is created with a thermoplastic polyurethane outsole. This material is a well-known element among soccer cleats as it brings traction in firm ground courts. The stud configuration is a combination of arrowhead and conical studs with a total of eleven integrated into the forefoot and the heel areas.
Size and fit
The Adidas X 18.3 Firm Ground soccer cleat provides a sock-like fit through its mesh-based upper. This type of upper material hugs the foot while providing a lightweight feel for players on the pitch. Additionally, soccer cleat security and stability is brought about the model’s Clawcollar design which hugs the player’s foot, locking the foot down.
It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 8 to 13. An asymmetrical lacing system has been incorporated into this shoe to personalize its fit further. The style of the lacing system is quite different from the traditional one integrated into the popular Adidas Samba Classic.
A speedy and breathable ride on the pitch is what the Adidas X 18.3 firm ground soccer cleat brings players. A mesh-based, dual-layered upper has been incorporated into this cleat’s construction, affording players a sock-like fit.
A specialized Clawcollar provides players a secure fit allowing a more secure hold for the shoe. This collar type is fashioned to extend to the heel area. The front part, which incorporates a tongueless design, is also extended. While opting for a more modern design without the tongue, an asymmetrical lacing system is installed, providing players fit customizability and further foot lockdown.
Aesthetically coherent with the X silo, the collection’s branding is highly visible in the heel area. Additionally, the Adidas logo is also a stand-out on both the lateral and medial sides.
The outsole of the Adidas X 18.3 FG soccer cleat delivers traction on firm ground courts through a TPU-based material. This element is lightweight while providing a decent amount of grip, hence, it is a usual feature among soccer cleats.
The stud configuration is a combination of arrowhead studs and round studs which are placed in the forefoot and heel areas, respectively. There are a total of eleven, with seven arrowhead studs in the forefoot and four round shaped ones in the heel area. This stud pattern is designed to bring grip in the firm ground courts while allowing for stability.
This model shares the same stud design as its top-tier counterparts which include the Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground and the Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground soccer cleats.
- The Adidas X 18.3 Firm Ground soccer cleat is available in the soccer blue, solar yellow, and core black colorway.