Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
In conclusion, I think the x 18.2 has a lot of good qualities about it. I think the speed mesh upper feels really good. The shoe as a whole fits well not. Not quite as well as the top-end model but it comes close enough, its got a good soleplate, its go got a good stud patten. But the one down fall here in my opinion is the fact that this is a speed boot that weighs over nine ounces.
- If one is looking for a minimalist approach to soccer cleat construction, considering the Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground soccer cleats is a look in the right direction. Getting rid of frills, the upper of this low-tier model sports a lightweight mesh-based material that affords players a sock-like fit and optimized speed on the pitch.
- Integrated into this upper’s construction is a signature Clawcollar feature that is evident in this silo’s models including the Adidas X 18.3. This collar type creates support, extending up to the ankle area.
- Going for a more modern construction, this firm ground soccer cleat model sports a tongueless construction with an off-centered lacing which serves to further its fit. The lacing system also serves to produce a cleaner striking surface.
- Reinforcing its lightweight feel is a Thermoplastic Polyurethane outsole. A familiar feature among soccer cleats, this type of outsole is designed to promote traction in firm ground courts. A combination of arrowhead and rounded studs are used in this soleplate.
The Adidas X 18.2 soccer cleat brings a sock-like fit provided by its mesh-based upper. While the shoe creates a close fit, foot lockdown is also reinforced through the shoe’s Clawcollar - a feature engineered to promote stability and support. To reinforce fit is an asymmetrical lacing system to further the shoe’s fit. This lacing system type is quite different from the traditional ones placed at the center of the shoe similar to that of the Adidas Samba Classic and the Adidas Mundial Goal. This soccer cleat model is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 9.5 to 13.
Speed has been the goal when the brand decided to create the Adidas X 18.2 FG soccer cleat. This is why the mesh-based upper of this soccer cleat was engineered to be lightweight. Furthermore, it wraps around the player’s foot, creating a sock-like fit. This model sports a different upper from its predecessor, the Adidas X 17.2 which sports a Techfit compression upper.
To add to its secure fit is a Clawcollar design which aids in locking the foot down, giving way to stability. With the soccer cleat’s sock-like construction, it affords players ease of entry when putting on the shoe while creating adaptive support. An asymmetrical lacing system is also evident in this shoe’s upper that not just bring custom fit, but also promotes more strike zone space.
The outsole of the Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground soccer cleat is created with a TPU-based material that allows for speed on firm ground courts because of its lightweight composition. There are two stud types incorporated into the outsole. Seven arrowhead studs are placed in the forefoot while four rounded cleats are integrated into the heel area. This type of stud configuration is engineered to bring traction on firm ground courts.
This model shares the same stud type and stud arrangement with its top-tier counterpart, the Adidas X 18+ FG, and the Adidas X 18.1 FG soccer shoes.
- The Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground soccer cleat is available in the Soccer Blue, Solar Yellow, and Core Black colorway.
- The shoe has a partially glued insole.
- The shoe weighs at 9.6 ounces for a size 9US