Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
In conclusion, I think the x 18.2 has a lot of good qualities about it. I think the speed mesh upper feels really good. The shoe as a whole fits well not. Not quite as well as the top-end model but it comes close enough, its got a good soleplate, its go got a good stud patten. But the one down fall here in my opinion is the fact that this is a speed boot that weighs over nine ounces.
Features of the Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground
- If one is looking for a minimalist approach to football boot construction, considering the Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground football boots is a look in the right direction. Getting rid of frills, the upper of this low-tier model sports a lightweight mesh-based material that affords players a sock-like fit and optimized speed on the pitch.
- Integrated into this upper’s construction is the signature Clawcollar feature that is evident in this silo’s models including the Adidas X 18.3. This unique collar type creates support, extending up to the Achilles area while maintaining a low cut.
- Going for a more modern construction, this shoe model sports a tongueless construction with an off-centered lacing which serves to further its fit. The lacing system also serves to produce a cleaner striking surface.
- Reinforcing its lightweight feel is a Thermoplastic Polyurethane outsole. A familiar feature among soccer cleats, this type of outsole is designed to promote traction in firm ground courts. A combination of arrowhead and rounded studs are used in this soleplate.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas X 18.2 football boot brings a sock-like fit provided by its mesh-based upper. While the shoe creates a close fit, foot lockdown is also reinforced through the shoe’s Clawcollar, a feature engineered to promote stability and support. To reinforce fit is an asymmetrical lacing system to further the shoe’s fit. This football boot model is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 9.5 to 13. It is important to note, however, that there have been mixed reviews about the shoe’s sizing. So, it is recommended to check the shoe’s fit before purchasing a pair.
The outsole of the Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground football boot is created with a TPU-based material that allows for speed on firm ground courts because of its lightweight composition. There are two stud types incorporated into the outsole. Seven arrowhead studs are placed in the forefoot while four rounded cleats are integrated into the heel area. This type of stud configuration is engineered to bring traction on firm ground courts.
This model shares the same stud type and stud arrangement with its top-tier counterpart, the Adidas X 18+ FG, and the Adidas X 18.1 FG football shoes.
Speed was the primary goal when the brand decided to create the Adidas X 18.2 FG football boot. This is why the mesh-based upper of this football boot was engineered to be lightweight. Furthermore, it wraps around the player’s foot, creating a sock-like fit. This model sports a different upper from its predecessor, the Adidas X 17.2 which sports a Techfit compression upper.
To add to its secure fit is a Clawcollar design which aids in locking the foot down, giving way to stability. With the football boot’s sock-like construction, it affords players ease of entry when putting on the shoe while creating adaptive support. An asymmetrical lacing system is also evident in this shoe’s upper that not just bring custom fit, but also promotes more strike zone space.
- The Adidas X 18.2 Firm Ground football boot is available in the Football Blue, Solar Yellow, and Core Black colorway.
- The shoe has a partially glued insole.
- The shoe weighs at 9.6 ounces for a size 9US.