Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Review coming soon
Adidas X 18.1 Soft Ground has just been released by Adidas. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Features of the Adidas X 18.1 Soft Ground
- Engineered to help players accelerate through the pitch, the Adidas X 18.1 Soft Ground is equipped with standout game-boosting features. Not only is it crafted for impressive performance, but this football boot also boasts of its bold and stylish aesthetics that is sure to catch some attention.
- One of the highlights of this Adidas football boot is its Speedmesh upper. This upper is made from a revolutionary stretch material that gives superior lockdown and stability. It also delivers a minimal feel that allows for speed. Moreover, the material also ushers in a close fit that gives its users a more natural sensation and movement for improved maneuverability.
- Another feature of this football boot is its low cut Clawcollar design, which frees up the ankle for better mobility. This model is also equipped with traditional laces that keep the fit snug without being overly restraining. Additionally, a central tongue aids in cushioning ball contact areas of the midfoot.
- For added stability, this low top football boot employs a molded and seamless 3D heel cap. This benefits wearers best during acceleration as it helps give a firm lockdown on the foot for a more secure footing.
- Adidas has also fitted this speed boot with a Speedframe outsole. This sole unit significantly reduces the weight of the foot for a more lightweight feel. On its soleplate is a combination of conical aluminum and arrowhead-shaped TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) studs. These studs work well in penetrating through the soft ground pitch for better grip.
Fit and sizing
The Adidas X 18.1 Soft Ground can be availed from sizes 6 to 13 in men’s version. It comes in a standard width and is known to fit true to size. Players can expect a snug and lightweight feel from this football boot owing to its stretchable and form-fitting Speedmesh upper. The fit is further reinforced by a full-lace fastening while a 3D molded heel provides added stability.
The base of this football boot is lined with a Speedframe outsole that works to reduce the boots overall weight. Aside from added comfort, the minimal weight also helps boost acceleration. For traction, the sole unit employs the use of a combination of six conical aluminum studs and five arrowhead-shaped TPU studs. These cleats are strategically positioned to aid in executing quick pivots on the soft ground pitch.
The upper of the Adidas X 18.1 Soft Ground utilizes a stretchable Speedmesh material. Showing much flexibility, the material hugs to the form of the foot for a snug yet non-restraining fit. It also ushers in a close ball feel for better manipulation of the ball.
The upper is set in a low cut Claw collar design that allows improved mobility of the ankles as well as better stability. As its name suggests, this collar resembles that of a claw as it extends at the heel and midfoot area to secure the foot. Additionally, the boot relies on a traditional lace-up closure to reinforce a form-fitting wrap. Meanwhile, a basic tongue lightly pads the midfoot, particularly those areas that come in contact with the ball.
- This football boot comes in a Solar Yellow/Core Black/Footwear White colorway.
- It weighs 201 grams.