Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The X 18+ feels really good. From a comfort stand point, there really is nothing to complain about. For the most part, they feel pretty much just like the X 18.1 even though it's not a Speedmesh upper.It's what they're calling Skeletal weave. It's soft. It's flexible. It does have that second skin sensation.
Features of the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground
- The Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground is definitely not just your ordinary speed boot. This flagship from Adidas does not only wow with a bright and bold silhouette, but it is also packed with the brand’s top innovations that truly make it one stand-out boot on the pitch.
- Crafted to perform with a highly-responsive touch, this football boot is lined with a Skeletalweave upper, which consists of an ultra-thin grid of woven yarns. This lightweight upper provides a direct touch as well as a form-fitting wrap around the foot, resulting in a second-skin feel.
- This Adidas cleat also highlights a low top Clawcollar. Engineered to somehow resemble a claw, this collar works to fasten the foot into the shoe for supreme stability. Moreover, this firm lock-in, alongside the upper’s skin-tight fit, eliminates the need for laces. Hence, its sleek laceless design.
- Another feature of this football boot is its Standout 3D molded heel that reinforces a secure fit. This detail also provides cushioned zones that allow optimal movement of the ankles.
- On its base, the firm ground version of the X 18+ sports an Ultralight Speedframe outsole. This lightweight sole utilizes a perforated design that facilitates acceleration. Moreover, firm ground stability owes to the boot’s stud configuration that combines Arrowhead forefoot studs with round heel studs. This setup enables players to make smooth shifts in movement on the pitch.
Fit and sizing
A skin-tight, locked-in fit is what wearers can expect from the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground. Constructed with a laceless design, this football boot relies on its low-cut collar and its Skeletalweave upper to ensure a snug wrap around the foot. This football boot has been released in a men’s version only and comes in the standard sizes. It is known to fit true to size.
For its sole, this football boot wears the Ultralight Speedframe outsole that utilizes perforations for acceleration. It also features a unique combination of Arrowhead forefoot studs and round heel studs that deliver excellent traction on natural grass pitches.
For its upper, Adidas has fitted this football boot with an ultra-lightweight and super-responsive Skeletalweave upper. This upper wraps snugly around the foot and caters a direct touch on the ball. It also highlights a low cut Clawcollar that gives the foot a locked-in fit, eliminating the need for laces.
- The Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground is also available in kid’s version.