Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The upper of the Adidas X 17.4 utilizes supple synthetic leather that provides a close and premium touch of the ball. The material shows impressive durability through multiple uses. It also offers a form-fitting wrap around the foot.
- Visible on the upper is the Adidas X detailing that is unique to the collection and is seen on other boots from the silo including the Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground. This cleat also showcases the Adidas branding with its name and logo on its lateral sides.
- This football boot features a low cut collar, which is adapted by silo’s latest releases like the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground, despite the stark difference in its overall look and design. For added comfort, Adidas has also fitted this cleat with a cushioned insole that minimizes foot pressure, especially during high-intensity plays. It also has a standard tongue that protects the midfoot.
- The base of the shoe also shows a synthetic construction with moulded studs at the bottom. It uses a stud configuration meant to supply dependable traction on firm ground surfaces. It also provides much durability that can last through rigorous runs on the pitch.
The Adidas X 17.4 Firm Ground is available in the standard men’s and women’s sizes. It runs true to size that offers a tight-fitting wrap that may not be suitable for players with wider feet. Although engineered with a full synthetic build, this football boot ensures comfort for the foot with its soft man-made leather upper that offers a snug wrap. A central lace fastening, on the other hand, provides the option of an adjustable fit while a padded tongue protects the midfoot.
For its outsole, this football cleat wears moulded studs set in a Chaos layout. This stud pattern provides players with the traction needed to accelerate past opponents on the playground. It also enables players to make cuts and execute game-winning plays with ease.
The inner construction of this cleat utilizes a cushioned insole meant to improve the shoe’s overall comfort. It works to reduce pressure on the feet when players are stomping through the natural grass pitch.
For its upper, Adidas has fitted the X 17.4 Firm Ground with synthetic leather that offers just the right amount of softness and flexibility. This leather-like material provides a lightweight feel that allows for a close touch of the ball. It also wraps comfortably around the foot.
The upper also utilizes added texture that further improves ball touch. This detail works to enhance grip on the ball for better ball manipulation and improved strikes.
Over the midfoot, this low top boot highlights a central lace-up closure for an adaptive fit. The laces hold a standard padded tongue that cushions the areas that come in contact with the ball. The low cut collar also utilizes a bit of padding to protect the ankles.
- Personalization is available for this football boot.