Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
82 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
I'm not a big fan of the look of this particular boot... You'll notice that as soon as I put these on, they make my foot look extremely wide. It's not because my foot is extremely wide... the reason why it looks like this is because the fit is extremely shallow.
Features of the Adidas X 17.3 Firm Ground
- The dynamic Techfit compression in the upper gives the Adidas X 17.3 Firm Ground an edge when it comes to fit and comfort. The Techfit compression also allows efficient foot mobility.
- With an outsole designed for firm grounds, the X 17.3 provides speed and agility. The sole unit is also durable and performs well for a more satisfying experience.
- The boot features a mid-cut design with a modern lace-up system, which is also adapted by the Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground. This detail offers great stability. It helps players during transitional moves on the pitch. Fit and comfort are further enhanced by the soft inner textile lining and tongue-less upper design.
Fit and sizing
The X 17.3 Firm Ground is available in the standard sizes for both men and women. This boot, however, runs a bit narrow. Users can expect a rather snug fit from this boot since it utilizes a Techfit compression upper that offers a tight wrap around the foot.
The X 17.3 Firm Ground has a molded soleplate that is made from a durable synthetic material. This stud arrangement delivers exceptional traction on firm ground, as well as on artificial grass. It allows the football boot to perform with balanced speed and agile intensity. It is also lightweight and is highly responsive.
The Adidas X 17.3 Firm Ground has a Techfit compression upper that offers an enhanced fit. It molds perfectly to the foot for a custom fit that is both comfortable and adaptable. It also provides a lockdown feel that requires no break in so players can play with agility from the first step.
Also in the upper is the lightweight FlyKnit material that offers superior ball touch. Whether on tight spaces or in an open field, this boot delivers maximum control of the ball. It also offers flexibility and breathability.
The mid top design of this boot utilizes a thick Neoprene padding on its collar to help improve stability. Its tongueless lace-up front, alongside with the anti-slip heel lining, secure the foot comfortably.
- The X 17.3 Firm Ground belongs to Adidas' Mercury pack that was first launched in May 2016.
- Among the players who wear the X line are Gareth Bale, Luis Suarez, and Kari Benzema.
- It weighs 8.4oz (238 grams).
- It also comes in an indoor variation, the Adidas X Tango 17.3 Indoor.