Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
What is really interesting about this shoe is that while it's a takedown it features an upper that I actually like more than the top-end X 17.1.
- The Adidas X 17.2 features the TechFit construction upper. This soft material provides a snug fit and comfortable feel right out of the box.
- Adidas incorporated a knitted top workpiece to offer a sock-like construction on the ankle for excellent lockdown.
- This soccer cleat also features a flexible soleplate and stud pattern that are designed primarily for dry, natural grass. The sole plate is made of TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) plastic material that adapts to the movement of the foot.
The Adidas X 17.2 Firm Ground is offered in men’s sizes 7 to 13 and women’s sizes 5 to 11. The men’s version of this soccer shoe fits true to size, while the women’s version has a slightly narrower fit.
The Adidas X 17.2 sole plate is made of a lightweight TPU plastic material. It provides decent flexibility in the forefoot area. From the midfoot backward, the cleat offers a sturdy flex especially helpful for push-off motions from long runs.
The stud pattern is composed of four slightly conical-shaped studs under the heel, six in front, and one in the middle. It offers excellent traction, acceleration, and support on natural grasslands.
The Adidas X 17.2 Firm Ground uses the TechFit technology which is a dynamic compression material that molds to the shape of the foot. It provides a secure fit as well as a closer feel of the ball.
The entire upper of the Adidas X 17.2 Firm Ground is made of a soft neoprene material covered with a thin layer of polyurethane (PU) acting as wet control component. The shoe also has embossed dots, called the Non Stop Grip (NSG) technology, all around the upper to ensure a good grip on the ball even on rainy days.
Internally, the Adidas X 17.2 Firm Ground is padded with a soft, synthetic suede material for a great in-shoe feel. It also has a fully removable insole with a mesh liner on top.
The heel area has an internal counter and the signature S-curve design, which is also found in higher models of the X 17 line. The curved design lessens the tension of the Achilles tendon.
The shoe has the same lacing system as the Adidas X 17.1. Five pairs of nylon lace holders are found at the center of the upper. The full lace-up closure offers additional lockdown.
- Cold Blooded Pack
The X 17.2 is part of the Cold Blooded pack together with other soccer cleats from the X 17, Nemeziz 17, Copa 18, and Predator 18 lineups. This special colorway features bold shades of red, black, and white. These soccer cleats are designed with the cold-blooded player who is silent but deadly on the pitch.
- Football aficionados can have their Adidas X 17.2 Firm Ground personalized with their names and flags for a minimal fee.
- The official weight of this soccer cleat is 6.8 ounces.
- The X 17.2 Shimmer Pack is the first Adidas soccer cleat designed for women’s fit and mold.
- 2018 versions of this soccer cleat include the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground and Adidas X 18.2 FG.